Model Cars Magazine Forum

Detail Parts form Meng

Gents,

Today I picked up my order form the local hobby shop and boy am I happy. For scratch builders and super detailers Meng has released several sets of nut, bolt and washer castings in styrene.

http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/browse.php?pg=1&ppp=48&sb=price&so=a&e=0&kw=MGK

The sets are:

SPS-004 Set A Large which contains 1.8mm, 2.2mm and 2.6mm Nuts and bolts with out washers. One side is the bolt head the other side is the nut with the end of the bolt sticking through.

SPS-005 Set A Small which contains 0.8mm, 1mm and 1.4mm Nuts and bolts no washer same as above

SPS-006 Set B Large which contains 1.8mm, 2.2mm and 2.6mm nuts, bolts and washers

SPS-007 Set B Small which contains 0.8mm, 1mm and 1.4mm nuts, bolts and washers

SPS-008 Set C which contains 1.3mm, 1.5mm and 1.7mm socket type bolt heads and hex nuts with recessed bolts

SPS-009 Set D which contains 1.3mm, 1.5mm and 1.7mm Acorn nuts similar to what many people are using for decoration on big rig wheels and Rivet heads.

post-2169-0-01982900-1391209045_thumb.jp post-2169-0-18776700-1391209096_thumb.jp

The picture on the right above reflects the average contents of one package. I paid about 9.99 a package for mine. I am sure you can get them cheaper if you shop around. I have a couple of projects stalled for these details. I used to use real brass bolts and washers from the train shops. Those have gotten to be 90 cents each so they are off my list unless absolutely necessary.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...