Model Cars Magazine Forum

Candies and Hughes Barracuda

BSB Racing

I have this kit in my stash, but haven't started it yet. I am however, working currently on the P/L Mr. Norm's Charger which uses the exact same chassis. The kit quality is great. No flash, but there are still the expected mold lines that need to be sanded smooth. My one gripe with these kits are the instructions which are not very clear regarding where certain pieces go. A great reference for this would be to Google "logghe chassis" and use those pics as a guide for building the chassis. I hope this helps, and happy building.

• 10 months later...

The decals that come with the kit are thin and delicate. I laid the decal in the water, it promptly curled up, just like all longer decals. Went to take it out and as I straightened it out, it broke in 4 places. That was the one from the passenger side. That's the only one I've put on so far. Kind of afraid to go any farther, don't want to tear any more of them.

I havent built this example ,,,but have done several others .I am out of town this week but can post a few pics next week when i get back home if wanted

Overall,,,getting the chassis straight is finicky. Otherwise it's one of my favorite kits to build

• 4 weeks later...

Not to high jack but Round 2 is reissuing the Candies and Hughes Cuda?

Is the Polar Lights car with different decals or the MPC mold?

I ask as this and the Garlits rail were my first two kits I built. I know the Garlits rail was reissued but have yet been able to find one to buy.

While certainly not the definitive way to build this car, I discovered a lot of neato ways to adapt this chassis to any subject. Based on my experience, I bought 3 more for future projects.

I'm in total agreement concerning the instructions. They are clear as mud, but you might find some usefull tips during my Charlie Allen project here:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=94233