Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale mustang trunk mat

• 2 weeks later...

May I suggest ; The Bottom of the trunk floor is the top of the gas tank . Take the kit chassis , fill the tank area slightly below level . Your method you choose won't be wrong . An slight depression is what you seek around the outside of the tank . I think IIRC these mats are just plain Egg-crate design . It consisted of Gray , Black and white intersection lines forming the design . Form a Template from thin paper . Cut out a mat from cadrstock using your Template . It would be a piece with the pattern printed on prior to this step

. White Glue in place when ready after the painting of the sheet metal . Make sure you coat it with a semi gloss clear to seal it when the glue is dry . This will preventing warping from moisture as time passes . Thanx ..

The building of the trunk so far is exactally as you described. So far I have seen 3 different trunk mats for. 70! One is like you describe but one is black and the 3 rd that I have seen in 3 cars local to me is a grey with black speckles. Not sure which way I will go yet but I had planned on roughly following the idea you posted. Thank you