Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kawasaki Green ??????????????

I have just started the ZX-RR NINJA from Tamiya and was wondering if anyone knows if if the real Kawasaki green is lighter or darker than Tamiya's TS-22 . Supposedily Tamiya released a special paint for this kit , but I have been unable to track any down . I figure I can lighten or darken the TS-22 by using different primers .

Thanks in advance ,

Steve D.

TS-52 "Candy Lime Green" is the Kawasaki color. TS-22 isn't a pearl like the modern colors, and it's a different shade of lime green. You may have to get a local shop to order the color for you, or buy it on the 'net. It's nice stuff.

The Kawasaki green you want is number 89907, and you'll need to order it from your hobby shop. It is not a regular color.

From Tamiya's web site.

"In conjunction with the release of ITEM 14109 1/12 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-RR assembly kit, Tamiya announces this limited edition TS Spray Paint color. With close cooperation from the Kawasaki Racing Team, Tamiya has developed this new color, which is an even closer match to the color used on the actual bike?s livery. "

Sorry, I was going by old information; as the Candy Lime Green was correct for at least one of the Ninjas. If you want the latest special color, don't delay, as they get hard to get pretty fast, and then they become unobtanium unless Tamiya issues it again in their standard line.

Is that why I can't find the correct Tamiya spray for the wheels on the 06 Repsol RC211V? Using Zero paints instead.

Paul

Precisely. I have a friend who had to order the paint directly from Tamiya, and it was a nightmare...and then the paint for the wheels wasn't anything great, very similar to some other paint already in the Tamiya lineup. Zero paint might be the way to go; more personalized service from a hobby enthusiast.

Is that why I can't find the correct Tamiya spray for the wheels on the 06 Repsol RC211V? Using Zero paints instead.

Paul

If it's the orange on the Repsol kit, Tamiya had it in their PS line. If you decant it and shoot it through an airbrush, it will stick to primer or paint just fine. A lot of times I use that line of paint for their florescent colors.

Tamiya is known for coming out with a special color and say it's a limited production, but if you wait within a year it usually comes out in their TS line of paint under a different name. They did that with the Suburu color and a couple of other cars' colors that I can't think of off hand. It bugs me that they do this. They should just make it part of their paint line. They've already paid for the paint to be made.

Precisely. I have a friend who had to order the paint directly from Tamiya, and it was a nightmare...and then the paint for the wheels wasn't anything great, very similar to some other paint already in the Tamiya lineup. Zero paint might be the way to go; more personalized service from a hobby enthusiast.

I have already tried to get this special color from two of the hobby shops in the area , to no avail . I noticed this is available on Tamiya's official web site . (or was last week ) I' m going to try to order some , if I can't get it from them who do you recommend ?

TIA See you around the club house ,

Steve D.

I have already tried to get this special color from two of the hobby shops in the area , to no avail . I noticed this is available on Tamiya's official web site . (or was last week ) I' m going to try to order some , if I can't get it from them who do you recommend ?

TIA See you around the club house ,

Steve D.

You can try Hobbylink Japan, or Tower Hobbies.

Tamiya Lime Green for Kawasaki

Tower Hobbies Has It In Stock