Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 lincoln

just looked on there website I didn't know it was going to be that pricey I guess I have to collect some more aluminum cans , thanks for the replies.

The Modelhaus offers parts besides their complete kits. You may order the external parts to use them with a donor of your own. However, you will save only $10 or 15 $US if you drop the chassis and tires to use your own from a donor. The Modelhaus has an (almost) fixed price list: Body: 26 $US, Bumpers 8$US each, Glass set: 3.5 $US, Interior: 15 $US. So you can have a rough estimate of the cost and decide if you want the complete kit or if you can live with the parts. Personally I prefer the parts option. not only because of the costs, but because Modelhaus chassis and, in most of the cases, the interiors are primitive promo style ones.

thanks for the replies i checked out modelhaus and i didn't see the 57 lincoln body it just lists the complete kit i may end up picking up one from Steve at Star resin.

Their online catalog is not the best. Contact them and order the parts separately by email.

I see I had a link to a 1956 lincoln. Thanks for the link, not only for correcting me, but also because a pictorial catalog is what the Modelhaus lacks and needs. I wish they will one day come up with a proper online catalog because shopping the way it is done today is a bit like buying the cat in the sack.

Don and Carol once mentioned to me at a show (maybe Toledo?) that with their volume of business, and the amount of items that they carry, a pictorial website would be pretty difficult. I've been buying from them for years and I've never gotten bad product from them! You can rest assured that whatever it is they sell, it'll be top notch. ;)

Sigh.........that Lincoln is really calling my name! That is an EXCELLENT conversion!

DSCN2461-vi.jpg

I may just break down and buy the parts in stages as I would like full chassis and engine detail with mine. Oh, you can get separate bodies from them still--------It may not be listed in their catalog, but last I knew, the body only was something like $25 or thereabouts. I'd either drop them a line and ask, or call them to find out for sure.

If you want to see more of what they have to offer, just click on the pic above, and it'll take you to another Fotki page which shows a number of items.

Don and Carol once mentioned to me at a show (maybe Toledo?) that with their volume of business, and the amount of items that they carry, a pictorial website would be pretty difficult. I've been buying from them for years and I've never gotten bad product from them! You can rest assured that whatever it is they sell, it'll be top notch. ;)

Well, I am wondering if some avid customers could come with internet galleries, why could not the manufacturer himself do it? Star Models started with a limited catalog of R&R products, which is larger than the modelhaus in terms of complete kits. He extended the catalog over the years, and although still not complete, it is better than nothing.

Besides, it is not only about quality, sometimes you need a picture because the descriptions are not always clear, especially when it comes to custom bodies. Interiors are also another issue where pictures can help to decide whether to order the interior tub or not. Personally, I would scratch a complete interior rather than buying a shallow promo interior that I will never be able to paint. Actually I am even thinking of buying a 3D printer basically to get rid of promo interiors forever.

I agree with you that Modelhaus products are top notch as far as the casting quality is concerned. But when it comes to accuracy some of their models are below expectations. Example: the ´65 and ´67 Chevy wagons. Another example, the ´49 Cadillac 62 and Buick roadmaster. Both are fastbacks bodies sharing the same roof. But the kit roofs are not identical, and the Buick roof is a bit bumpy and needs correction. Another example: judging the pictures, the ´60 Cadillac Brougham seems a bit boxy while the prototype is more curvy. The same applies to the 1985 Impala. The 1975 Impala´s roof profile seems, also from the picture, not properly proportioned.

Edited by khier

Well, I am wondering if some avid customers could come with internet galleries, why could not the manufacturer himself do it?

Because Don, himself chooses NOT to devote time and energy in a photographic website. I heard him say several years ago that he has more than enough to keep him busy. If it works for him, that's good enough. Do you rag on Norm Veber, too? He doesn't even have a website.

Do you rag on Norm Veber, too? He doesn't even have a website.

Everyone is free to decide whether to make a web site or not, as I am free not to buy a cat in the sack. Pictures would have helped me to avoid the disappointment I had with some of Modelhaus products, and have indeed assisted me in the decision not to order the above mentioned Caprice kits.

And who is Norm Veber by the way?

Edited by khier

Everyone is free to decide whether to make a web site or not, as I am free not to buy a cat in the sack. Pictures would have helped me to avoid the disappointment I had with some of Modelhaus products, and have indeed assisted me in the decision not to order the above mentioned Caprice kits.

And who is Norm Veber by the way?

Norm runs Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland, one of the best! Of course, you'll have to deal with him by means other than a web site, so that may be a problem for you.

:D Hi I doent know if this will help you now but I was just on Modelroundup and in the resin page he has the Hendrex 57 with an open hood it needs the AMT 57 ford kit as the doner kit and you will have to chrome the bumpers the kits is $58.00 I have got a lot of things from Jack and he has a great site and is great to deal with good luck Rick.