Model Cars Magazine Forum

1963 Oldsmobile Dynamic.

What are the chances of getting hold off or made the front end and rear bumper from this kit?

I going to do an attempt at build an Holiday coupe out of the Johan Starfire kit. Will be using the

64 Impala roof. But the most important part is the lights,grill and bumper.

This is the car i want to make: http://www.iagclassics.com/carpages/1963-Olds-Dynamic-88-White-For-Sale.html

(Image credit: Dave Lindsay on fotki)

post-11584-0-26838500-1395932879_thumb.j

The front and rear bumper stampings themselves should be the same on the Dynamic and the Starfire (I'm pretty sure...I have a 1:1 '63 Dynamic convertible). I THINK the headlight bezels and housings are the same as well, so the Johan parts should work. The grill is entirely different, but should be pretty easy to make up from styrene strip. If you're going to graft on the Impala roof, making up a grille should be within your skills. The rear of the Starfire has a 'grille' above the bumper, but this can be deleted from the Johan version.

I THINK.

I have the Johan kits in stock to look at, but I don't have access to them right now. I also have the full-scale '63 to compare to.

Thank you for the info. Yes,the rear grill should not be to difficult to remove/modify,but i would really love to have the

front part you see in that bag for the kit. Does anyone know who manufacture this wagon?

Bill,do you have any pictures of the real deal? I love these 63 models,really clean and elegant cars.

This is the car that got me into american cars as a kid,my aunt`s boyfriend bought a holiday with

sky rocket engine. It was white with light blue inside,and it made the most amazing rumble even

with stock exhaust. Not sure about performance numbers on this car but it pulled pretty good and

made some impressions on a 10 year old car nut who usually was an passengerin Mercedes diesels

and japanese cars.

Tommy, I may have what you need; or real close since my dad use to offer an Olds Starfire conv't. resin body. The front bumper and grille assembly I have looks to be as close of a match as you are going to get; and the rear bumper looks the same except it has the 'grille' attached to the top of it........which can be trimmed off easily enough. E-mail me direct at lowcab36@epix.net

I will take some photos of the parts for you; and can more easily send them to you through e-mail..............Ed

Edited by krassandbernie

Can I make a suggestion? Get a hold of one of the JoHan '63 Starfires, and add the entire roof from a Revell, or AMT '64 Impala. Change out the side chrome, and you're on. Much easier than cutting up the resin wagon. You will have the basic grille, bumpers, and trunk lid there, as well as an engine. The interior needs work, but it is not impossible.

Can I make a suggestion? Get a hold of one of the JoHan '63 Starfires, and add the entire roof from a Revell, or AMT '64 Impala. Change out the side chrome, and you're on. Much easier than cutting up the resin wagon. You will have the basic grille, bumpers, and trunk lid there, as well as an engine. The interior needs work, but it is not impossible.

If you read the first post over again you pretty much sum it up. Interior will be a challenge yes,i assume the dash is completely

diffrent from the Starfire? And i always apriciate suggestions.

Big thanks to Ed Fluck, Jr. for giving me the chance of getting the correct front end.

Edited by om617

:lol: That would be an old JoHan kit I have 2 of them I just saw one for sale on spotlitehobby.com (the old hobby haven) I get old kits from him a lot he has good prices the one he has now is if I remember $38 and it's complete that would only need a small amount of work to change it good luck.............Rick.

Thanks for the tip. I do maby have a deal on an old build up that isnt a gluebomb,i dont think i would have a heart

to chop into a mint kit. Yes i know it`s only plastic,but considering the pricetag and how rare they are i just cant.