Model Cars Magazine Forum

Insani-T

Psychographic

Dang Dave if I find one that help's me pick out NP to paint my model kit's I might at least check to see if there is a rock on her left hand. I am going to have to give the NP a try, do you thin it and if so what do you use and what is the ratio?

Dang Dave if I find one that help's me pick out NP to paint my model kit's I might at least check to see if there is a rock on her left hand. I am going to have to give the NP a try, do you thin it and if so what do you use and what is the ratio?

Steven, I thin it with lacquer thinner, the exact amount I couldn't tell you, but it's somewhere between 1:1 to 1:2. As I've been airbrushing since I was a kid, reducing is somewhat second nature to me. I put paint in the cup or jar and then just add the thinner or reducer, if it sprays a little dry, I simply add more solvent. Each airbrush is different, different air pressures, and different spray techniques all make a difference i how much you thin the NP or any paint. I spray a test pattern every time and is something I strongly suggest everyone do before spraying your body or parts.

As nail polish is designed to be brushed on in two coats, it's going to be very transparent when sprayed. For light colors, I try to use a base color under it of the same color. If I'm spraying an orange pearl, I would try to spray an orange base. This way your keeping the paint as thin as possible. For medium to dark colors a black base will usually work, the keyword being usually.

I clear all of my work with urethane.