Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/14 custom built Pete 379 r/c(small update)

Justin i found that its easyer to move the front axel forward a few mm . All I did was to redrill a new hole in the axel next to the original ones and then refit the axel . This also stops the truck wandering off corse when driving as it puts a bit of camber on the wheels so it runs in a strait line so your not constantly ajusting the leaver on your handset. I hope this helps you out abit . Another tip to lowering the body is to just turn the body mounting brackets upside down and put them under the floor intsead fo on top this lowers the body by about 5mm. Your doing a great job so far and I see you have opened the hood now .

Dave

Yeah I was thinking about that..and your meaning just moving the axle forward on the leafs right? And yeah that's what I did with the brackets. Made my day when I noticed I could do that. Saved a ton of work. Being a show rig I still shaved the mounts off the bottom of the floor pan as well. I roughly set the cab down over the frame a half inch and then added the low pros which in return made the truck look a full inch lower with out changing the actual ride hight to much. I think my biggest deal with the hood is that I feel the grill is going to stick out to far away from the fenders so I'm thinking of moving it back an 1/8 of an inch or less.

Yeh thats correct those holes that locate to the rivets on the leaf springs . If you drill the holes behind the original ones that will move the axel forward . I know what you meen about the grill I ended up scratch builing new bumper brackets so I could move the bumper back . If your hinging the hood now you may find that the rear of the front arches hits the air cans when you try to open it

Because i wanted a KW I ended up getting the bumper grill and lights custom machined out of aluminium it saved me a whole lot of work. Do you have a pic of what your going for is it going to be a full on lowrider B)?. I would still like to get a full set of low profile tyres where did you get yours?

Because i wanted a KW I ended up getting the bumper grill and lights custom machined out of aluminium it saved me a whole lot of work. Do you have a pic of what your going for is it going to be a full on lowrider B)?. I would still like to get a full set of low profile tyres where did you get yours?

All I got a pic of is the paint scheme I'm wanting to do on it. Otherwise I'm just building a show truck. I want a low bumper and I still want to play with it but I don't want it to drag the ground because I hit a small crack lol. Also I'm thinking of putting the headlights in the bumper. And you should be able to find them at rc4wd.com I believe. You will have to search lorider on the the site. I think I may have gotten the last 5 packs though :/

Thanks for that Justin I cant afford any at the moment so not a prob and Im sure they will have them again :lol: Yeh Ive grounded out more than once having a race car trailer so low to does'nt help its not to bad indoors tho .I have 13mm ground clearance and it still gets stopped by a little pebble :D .Having the head lights in the bumper sounds cool, are you keeping the original motor or are you getting the carson motor ?

Yeah I want the sounds and all that but I'm going to get it all ready first. And at the moment I'll stick with the original and later on probably upgrade the engine gears and bushings to bearings. I'm also thinking about purchasing a set of the 20 spoke rims for it later on. Sadly I really really want a set of spiked center caps but nobody sells them with the rims I want or even just by themselves lol