Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/14 custom built Pete 379 r/c(small update)

Looking good man! I'm really digging those front fenders. I'm thinking about trying to make something similar for the truck I'm working on now, but with the stance I'm going for, I'm afraid it would be too much of a lip.

Thank you. I have to straighten up a few things on the fenders like in the front they angle and I need to raise the rear a bit. They are a tad too low and I don't want them to collect small rocks lol

Glad you reworked the fenders, looks much better. A big Texas bumper like the 1 on my truck will fit nice. I got my bumper custom made from the ebay seller in post #77 but I don't think his brake is big enough to do a 14th scale. You should use 1/16 stainless. Harbor Freight has 2 different sized breaks cheap but I don't know how good they are.

Here's a high traffic forum for the King Hauler. If you havn't seen it you should spend some time there, many impressive builds.

Glad you reworked the fenders, looks much better. A big Texas bumper like the 1 on my truck will fit nice. I got my bumper custom made from the ebay seller in post #77 but I don't think his brake is big enough to do a 14th scale. You should use 1/16 stainless. Harbor Freight has 2 different sized breaks cheap but I don't know how good they are.

Here's a high traffic forum for the King Hauler. If you havn't seen it you should spend some time there, many impressive builds.

Thank you much. And yeah I'm glad I did to I did like the old ones to a point but they were bugging me to much so I kick them out and went the other way. And yeah I saw those brakes at harbor freight. I was thinking of getting my metal cut and marked then doing a in store "quality test" on one to get my bends haha