Model Cars Magazine Forum

You know racing generates many new ideas on new cars?

Maybe more in the spirit of Greg's original post, I see a lot of stuff that has crept into mainstream car design from the customizers and show-car builders in general. Canted quad headlights (which I THINK first appeared on showcars before Detroit picked up the idea), fade-away fenders (though the '38 Buick Y-job was the first, I think...but the customizers picked them up and ran with the idea), the whole big-wheel thing now on production cars, the "enraged catfish" look of a lot of the hi-po Euro and Asian cars, 18nd48mm95xc6jpg.jpg (which started with the tuner crowd), 3-stage pearl paint...I know I'm forgetting some more obvious influences.

No, not really.

Here we go again trying to thwart somebody pointing out poor, awful, ugly design.

There's good looking stuff, and then there's hideous in EVERY genre, and teaching people to look farther than just "different" and to recognize "taste" and "proportion" and "flow" is a good thing. I mean, they have things called "design schools" that help students learn how to differentiate between this...

Typical defense just like you did when he made fun of mini trucks. Im bout tired of being somewhere this is encouraged. Its a shame Im having to consider leaving the site over people who band together just to insult people.

Typical defense just like you did when he made fun of mini trucks. Im bout tired of being somewhere this is encouraged. Its a shame Im having to consider leaving the site over people who band together just to insult people.

This is just idiotic. I've NEVER NEVER NEVER dissed mini-trucks. I LIKE THE GENRE !!!

What I made a negative comment about was a particular mod, a cockeyed tag recess, that looked STUPID to me. It STILL looks stupid to me. Period.

If you're gonna go all pooty-headed, at least get your enemies right.

To revisit the scene of the crime : http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86429&hl= Bill doesn't dis anyone and Greg is just asking a question, Why are the licence plates crooked ? HPIM0177.jpg Lots more people chiming in with their OPINIONS. Why single out Bill and Greg ?

Edited by Greg Myers

Help me out here Ken. I really don't understand this 122.jpg and in my original thread http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86332&hl= that got you all fired up, all I ask was for some one to explain it to me. You didn't. You went off on me as a former teacher, making me wonder what awful thing happened to you in school, and again you climb all over me when the thread is full of others simply voicing their opinions.

Edited by Greg Myers