Model Cars Magazine Forum

Matt Heney, aka Mojodoctor, died recently.

Some of you may know, or know of, Matt, who usually went by Mojodoctor on scale automobile modeling sites and forums. I just today found out he died late last month and the age of just 55. He was an avid modeler and a super-friendly guy. He was one of those who started a million models and finished few, but kept a spirit of enthusiasm and encouragement all the while.

I "met" him when I was a member of the SA forum back when dinosaurs still ruled the earth. Sorry to hear this.

And BTW... thanks to Mojodoctor for "Auto ID." He is the guy who ran it back in the day on the SA forum, before the great purge, when management decided one day to erase a significant portion of their forum and drove many of us away. :(

But on the bright side, that event was the reason I found this place, ;)

RIP, Matt.

R.I.P. Matt. I too remember Matt from SA. His crazy quizzes were a lot of fun. His passion for the hobby will be missed. Matt was a great guy always willing to help where he could. When I posted my first ever "part request"' Matt was the man to help out. Wanted nothing in return, just to help. Luckily, I was able to return the favor a few years later when I had a part he needed.

I "met" him when I was a member of the SA forum back when dinosaurs still ruled the earth. Sorry to hear this.

A real shame. Mojodoc was very outgoing and supportive when I rejoined this hobby and discovered the SA forums back in the day. He was a constant source of building advice and I liked him very much. The last place I saw him was the Model Cars Haven forums I think. He was a real good guy.

Edited by Jantrix

• 2 weeks later...