Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Willys Gasser kit?

Do all variations of the Revell Willys gasser kit come with the photo etched grille? Was it only in the Mazmanian kit? What are the differences between the SWC, Mazmanian and Pitman Willys kits? I want to build the Mazmanian Willys (have the Slixx decals) but the Mazmaniam version is hard to find at a reasomable price.

Thanks

The early Stone-Woods-Cook version (light blue) has a blown 394 Oldsmobile and a vintage B&M Hydrostick transmission. No photoetch ever included (that I'm aware of anyway).

The later dark-color Revell SWC Willys runs a blown early Hemi and has a PE grille.

The Mazmanian car also runs the 392 blown Hemi, and has a PE grille.

The Pitman version is also a blown Hemi car, with the PE. (I'm pretty sure).

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

All the later Revell '41 Willys kits from 2001 and later which includes Big John, SW&C, and also the Pitman Willys are pretty much the same except for the decals and I believe that they all have a photo etched grille as well. The '41 Willys Street Rod that was issued shortly after the Big John kit does not have the photo etched grille.