Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mazda 787b #18 '91

fitforbattle

Started on this Mazda a while back as I grew sick of my other ongoing builds. Today I started to wire the engine. Ugh there's a lot of things going on on these Wankels.

post-8658-0-43766400-1400102213_thumb.jp

More when I got more done.

Cheers.

Edited by fitforbattle

I've got one of these kits sitting on the shelf, but I have no idea how to wire a Mazda Rotary Wankel - what references are you using?

You will probably find it hard to get really good engine shots of the le mans cars but an alternative is to google "mad mike quad rotor rx7" and there is a heap of photos of the engine bay that will help you with how quad rotors are wired up

Awesome start, looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks Jonathan, and so do I.

This has become my main build right now as I love the 787b and the fact that Stefan Johansson raced this particular car, Swedish pride.

Get back to work on this tonight. Still gotta figure out how to fasten the wires. Also got to lay down some paint on the body since I want to finish this car this month or so. Sigh, gassing out is a b*tch.

Got the ignition wires done. Pretty happy considering it's my first time doing it. Also because it's a rotary. Sh*t is crazy wired up.

Next up some more building and then I'll do some throttle linkage.

Stay tuned!

post-8658-0-05336100-1400275917_thumb.jp

Edited by fitforbattle