Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindbergs Super Bee

miatamadman

Got this one for Christmas from my in-laws and promptly started it the next day. Being off for the week allowed me to build build build. I started to build this one box stock and then things sort off got out of hand......First, the wheels needed to be a bit larger and the tires wider. I used a set of pegasus's aluminum sleaves with their low profiles up front and higher profile tires in the rear along with some resin disc brakes that I cast. Now I needed to lower it. Easier said than done. The front was pretty simple. Just wack off the wheel moount move it up on the strut. The rear was a bit more difficult. I actually had to cut the floor pan and raise it in order to get the ride hight I was looking for. Finally I sprayed it with Testors Plum Crazy Metalic and clear and finished it my adding a scratchbuilt from spoiler.

Nice work Zoli and thanks for the lowering tips, I had noticed they sit kind of high stock.

I've got a bunch of these New Charger kits and at least one will converted to a State Patrol or Police Cruiser. I plan to due another in one of the SRT8 packages.

Steve