Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stingaree Corvette Showrod Dragster....

RatRod

Here is my final model of '07. I finished it up New Years eve (early of course) It may not spark many here, but it's a pretty cool reissue from the past, and another that would have never looked this good if I had built it back then either....lol.

P1020009.jpg

P1020008.jpg

P1020007.jpg

P1020006-1.jpg

Here's a few more.....

P1020005-1.jpg

P1020004-1.jpg

P1020003-1.jpg

P1010001-2.jpg

Just a fun build altogether, not a lot of detail was added just plug wires, and a few decals from Slixx. So, counting this one, and (7) Revell choppers, (2) vintage AMT '32 Vickys, a mini bike chopper, the restoration of Monogram's Blue Beetle & Black widow P-up's, (5) 1/6 engine kits, (2) 1/4 engines, and several customer cars.....It was a great year for building!!! (Guess I need to quit telling my wife I never have enough time to build....lol)

Edited by RatRod

I like it!!! Not every build has to be detailed to the MAX for it to look good. Clean, crisp workmanship shows through every time, no matter how much or little detail is added!!

Besides, you can always go back later and details a lot easier than you go back a clean up poor workmanship.

Keep up the great work and the posts!! Your bikes are awesome!!

I like it!!! Not every build has to be detailed to the MAX for it to look good. Clean, crisp workmanship shows through every time, no matter how much or little detail is added!!

Besides, you can always go back later and details a lot easier than you go back a clean up poor workmanship.

I agree totally.....very, very, very nice....great paint.

That looks great !!! I'm not sure that the subject matter is my cup of tea, but your building style sure is.

The paint job looks outstanding ....How about some details .... Color, brand, clear coated???

-Steve

First off....Thanks for all the great replys!!! Like I said, this was a fun build, and a needed break from detailed builds!!!

Steve.....The paint is Tamiya Candy green over Tamiya surface primer. Nothing fancy, just out of the can!!! This was my first try with using Tamiya paints, and it works pretty good, but I didn't like the way it sprayed out of the can, of course I didn't heat it up in warm water either, and was in a hurry. After putting on the decals, I cleared it with Dupont two part eurathane clear with an airbrush, no polishing was needed. I love this clear, as it never harms decals, but drys fast, and polishes like lacquers!!! If you are good enough with your airbrush, and apply it correctly, it flows out so nice and smooth, that polishing isn't really necessary, and it looks wet all the time. The only real drawback is that it is thick, and can really hamper assembly so be careful.