Model Cars Magazine Forum

Glad to be Here

Hey guys, old model builder here, started in 1965 . Stopped about 1978, then picked up everything again in the last couple of years. Kept all my old models, my uncles models I inherited back in the 60's. But I have been hoarding lately, getting all the models I wanted as a kid, getting resins. I love watching your guys building styles and techniques, always learning. I restored and chopped up and customized real cars for a living all my life, and I can't wait to slow down on that and get back to plastic. I am also a automotive artist and have had stuff published in Rod& Kulture magazine recently, and others a long time ago. Love the early customs rods and racecars of the 40's 50's 60's 70's.

Edited by customcory

Hi Cory, welcome to the forum. You're lucky to still have access to all of those old models, but since you have hands-on experience, I'm sure we can earn a lot from you.

I'll bet you have lots of pics. Am I right?

Michael

Welcome Cory....I am a huge fan of the 60s to mid 70s cars,etc. too but mostly a factory stock kind of guy. I am lucky enough to still have some of my dads oldies...trying to restore/repair them but finding those old parts is not easy but will be worth it once found...the old family ones are priceless cant wait to see them.

Mark, as soon as I can I am going to my models out and organized. I just got all of them from my garage over to my house, that was decades long journey. Little things set you back, my daughter is moving back in awhile, in the room where my models are at now. Hopefully this temporary. I am counting on life to slow down enough to get a place to build ,going. I have been on TRAK for a long time without doing anything. Hopefully I will get started soon.I started at a early age , but my uncle bought models starting in the late fifties up until about 1965. He never put them together, my late grandmother made him give them to me in about 68 or so. I have had those since then. Now he is into military stuff, he had a room full of model airplanes unbuilt, but don't know what he has now.I started getting models in 65 or so , I kept a lot of them.

attachicon.gifDsc00799customcory-vi.jpg trying the pics out , here is some of my artwork.

Just an FYI... if you post pictures here directly from your computer, you're going to run out of room here real soon. This site only gives each member a very limited amount of storage space for photos (after all, this is not a photo-hosting site). Much better if you open an account at a photo hosting site like Photobucket or Fotki, load up all your images there, and then just post the links to your images here. That way we see the pictures here in your posts, but they are not actually stored here on this site... the space they take up is on the photo hosting site. That way you won't run into any limits this site imposes on posted photos.