Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well seeing as no one does a correct Monaco/Fury 18 hole chrome cap will do my own.

English Jules

After looking at hundreds of pics, comparing my AMT Monaco and my Yodel M/F decided to have a crack at sculpting some and then getting someone whos good with resin to do them. Either the 18 holes drilled, otherwise a small decal. As i was looking around for pics, come across the idea of a new steering wheel, and the column, gear lever and the small display showing the gear you are in. Seems a TUFF wheel was very simular to the AMT Monaco one, while the one in my AMT Rescue 911 ambulance is pretty close to the other, and i can tweak that a little to make it better. The tyres will be hardest part. As a military modeller, i dont mind resin tyres, and i prefer them over rubber. In resin i can get the nice little bulge at the bottom.

I started last week the AMT Monaco as a LAPD Fury, so will resize the Yodel 1 piece grill and fit it for the Monaco, i know the rear light units are different, will play around with that later. Looking at doing various in car radio/CB, speakers and mics etc. I have some Classic Hobby resin lights and sirens, which i now know are done by policecarmodels but the quality is poor, full of holes in the resin. Also want to make the handles for the inner part of the lights on the pillar. Surprised me all along that they were never a feature of the cop car kits.

It all started with the wheels and chrome hubs, but as a military modeller as i said i always try to get the correct as poss detail and if i going to do wheels/hubs then i might as well see what else needs doing :-)

sounds like a Fury transkit is needed (it would only be a few parts to convert the Monaco).

If you want to sell some, maybe policecarmodels will carry them for you?

I was shocked nothing was done even for a quick conversion. Spent the last 2 days going through all my books, reading up on things, inc the A38 police package etc.

Also at the moment, some of the 20 odd police and sheriff guys by AMerican Diorama that came the other day, i have already started changing and primered. I want to back date some to late 70's and other periods.

Years ago somebody cast the proper hubcaps, Mopar police wheels, and even a few front end pieces to convert the kit to a different year or to a Plymouth Fury, but all that stuff has been out of production since the '90's from what I can tell. I'd personally really like to see more stuff available for these kits.

Years ago somebody cast the proper hubcaps, Mopar police wheels, and even a few front end pieces to convert the kit to a different year or to a Plymouth Fury, but all that stuff has been out of production since the '90's from what I can tell. I'd personally really like to see more stuff available for these kits.

I thought there would still be a demand for things like that. Esp with the cheap AMT MOnaco easy to find, yet nasty wheels and tyres, and the basic kit with a bit of work looks good, and as you say convert to a Fury. I need to research, seen pics of a 75 Coronet with the single round headlight, that looks the same body from a couple of pics i saw online

I need to research, seen pics of a 75 Coronet with the single round headlight, that looks the same body from a couple of pics i saw online

The fascia of the Dodge and Plymouth B-Body (mid-sized) platform changed for 1975 ; that was the year of the single headlamp arrangement . A minor cosmetic change to stacked , square headlamps was introduced for 1977 .

Plymouth grille = full-width (1975-1978)

Dodge grille = split , individual grilles (1975-1978)

The fascia of the Dodge and Plymouth B-Body (mid-sized) platform changed for 1975 ; that was the year of the single headlamp arrangement . A minor cosmetic change to stacked , square headlamps was introduced for 1977 .

Plymouth grille = full-width (1975-1978)

Dodge grille = split , individual grilles (1975-1978)

great thanks. I went through all my books i got from the US many years ago, lots of data and interesting, just a lot of info for me to find until i go through them all and make notes. I have got the Yodel Fury grill to fit the AMT Monaco and looks nice.

• 4 months later...