Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Calsonic Impul Z - "2004 Suzuka rd.7 Winner"

fitforbattle

Shot the body, orange peel on some spots but should be easily polished down.
post-8658-0-79192000-1403545970_thumb.jp

A bit done on the interior as well.. Thinking this will be finished tonight so I can start the assembly.
post-8658-0-15888900-1403546042_thumb.jp

Questions and comments are welcome.

Edited by fitforbattle

Yep, and the Calsonic decal that goes over the front louvers, would do me in. Looking forward to seeing this. Good luck.

Hahaha, don't even get me started... I've had nightmares about this for the last few nights.

Nah, had some practice with some other race cars and also, Tamiya are nice enough to provide a step-by-step tutorial on how they did it. It'll go just fine! (I keep telling myself that :unsure: )

Looks good. A tip for the decal to conform instead of using a solvent(most are too strong for Tamiya decals)is to using a steaming hot,damp Q-Tip pressed against the decal. Also if decals do not stick try using a little Future applied by Q-Tip under the decal. Windex or Ammonia can be used to get rid of the excess Future. For bigger decals press them with a hot damp cloth.

Edited by 935k3

As long as you can. I did not wait long enough before I shot clear over it and it dried, cracked and left a crazed texture, not what i wanted, but looks interesting. If you can smell the paint, its still off gassing. I usually leave my car bodies at lest 3 days, the longer the better.

As long as you can. I did not wait long enough before I shot clear over it and it dried, cracked and left a crazed texture, not what i wanted, but looks interesting. If you can smell the paint, its still off gassing. I usually leave my car bodies at lest 3 days, the longer the better.

Yeah, no, I was thinking about something else. I should really not write when I'm tired. ??? Edited by fitforbattle

Sooooon! My first model to make the move from Workbench to Under Glass. Just Semi-final assembly left.

Polished the body today and painted some detail. Left to do is P/E and some tedious decal work.

But I can feel the finish line.

2014-07-01220609.jpg

Stay tuned!

/Robin