Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scratch building a classic muscle car.

fractalign

The coupes and sedans were unique to Australia but a smaller number of station wagons and sedans were built over in Korea. Because General Motors owned owned Holden the Korean version was badged as a Chevrolet 1700. Although the Australian and Korean version shared the same under pinnings, the Korean version was only available as a 4 cylinder.

toranastationwagon.jpg

Wow, your work is incredible. I've been a long time lurker of this forum, and because I want to save a record of this thread I finally joined. Curious to see how it works out because I've been considering building my own model farm equipment.

Hey Guys.

Firstly thank you for all the support its greatly appreciated. Unfortunately my internet has crashed which is why I have not been uploading anything.

I will be uploading every 2 or 3 days from where ever I can access the internet until my own service is fixed. I have started work on the door skins so there will be plenty of photos to put up in the next couple of days.

Cheers.

The trick with getting the rectangular holes cut is to make the pilot holes at just the right size. For these ones I used the tip a modellers knife. Once this side was done I turned it over and did the same on the other side to keep the both sides in balance.

P7213012.jpg

I finally added the belt line and sanded it down. With the beltlne in place I was able to cross check my measurements to make sure everything was in proportion. When I took the measurement for the doors and wheel arches, everything was measured along the belt line. I was finally able to finish shaping the rear wheel arch. I have yet to add lips to both arches but that will be done as soon as I get the other body half up to the stage of this one. That will be the next task.

P7223031.jpg

Edited by fractalign