Model Cars Magazine Forum

Henry J Twin Turbo - Didn't see that coming..........

Codi

Thanks so much guys and I think I counted the word "beautiful" and it's variations at least 5 or 6 times.  I'll take that as a compliment.  Now for the math (Chris!!)  50+ hours and 77 parts either fabricated including all the nuts and bolts included. Too much time getting the master cylinder and handbrake brackets on and the clutch sensor bracket / assembly took twice as long to make as I anticipated. UGH!  I swear, no more picks of it as I'm onto the next step.  I've got some great drawings from Dave on some beautiful hubs to machine that he did for his ProMod Camaro build and I'm going to make a facsimile of them along with getting started on the brake system.  Cheers to all, Tim

Henry J Twin Turbo Completed  Pedal Assembly 007

Henry J Twin Turbo Completed  Pedal Assembly 003

You gave me a case of "The Rookie Blues". You work for a few days and have 77 parts. I work for a few days and I'm still figuring out how to scratch out a simple front axle. Gotta start somewhere, right Buddy?

BTW, assembled, those parts look like they came out of H. G. Wells Time Machine.

Edited by Nytrozilla

Art - yes, I have a lot to do yet but certainly I'm having fun while doing it. I shared the pic with the parts spread out so i have something to reference when the day does come to put it all back together once and for all.  I haven't decided what parts to paint, nickel plate or what just yet, so I'll leave the brass pieces as they are for now.  Thank you btw for the post.

Dave, Tony and Mark, thank you as well and for your interest in what I'm making on this build. 

Joe - Yeah, time machine, that's the ticket......time keeps passing by as I build this thing. :D  Last night I actually thought about what my next build will be like.........then I woke up.   

Mr.Teresi - Love that bike you just completed.  I kinda missed it for a while and when I stumbled across the finished model, well, you know the rest.  Guys, be sure to check out John's bike under the "All the Rest" part of the forum.  It's outstanding.

Brad, nice job dude on you build and the front axle progress. appreciate your comments as well.    Cheers, Tim

Edited by Codi

So let me see if I've got this right.

Approximately 10 pieces and, when assembled is still smaller than the tip of a pencil.

Did I get that right? 

If I wasn't familiar with your style, I'd be on the floor. Fortunately, I've learned to be sitting down when I check your progress.

asleep-in-chair-cropped.thumb.jpg.edf939

Thanks gentlemen....and I really liked the pic that Joe put in there for laughs.  Which it got.  Oh, Joe, 11 pieces...you were oh so close though.  :rolleyes:  Today I got the proportioning valve done and managed to do a nice job slicing my thumb while at it.  This was an interesting piece to make and the body is made up of brass square tube and 1mm tube.  I drilled all the necessary holes in the square body before beginning the next step. Then I cut the tube at 45" angles and positioned them in the altered square tube....sweat soldered the whole thing and and made the other parts and assembled.  I haven't decided what to paint/plate or dychem just yet so what you see isn't final.  Master cylinder next which should take a few days as I'll machine parts of it as well as fumble with my fat thumb while making it.  Cheers, Tim

Henry J Twin Turbo Linelock and ProValve 021

Henry J Twin Turbo Linelock and ProValve 042