Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Dodge Coronet R/T

StevenGuthmiller

Best place to try is Ebay,but you'll pay big time,maybe try flea markets or yard sales,you just never know what may pop up!.I went to the weekly flea markets years ago for a summer and one day I got lucky,I picked a original issue unbuilt 72 'Firebird and 70 'Mercury cougar convertible for $10 dollars each! and I was at a antique car and parts show and picked up a Mpc built up 70 cuda for $15 dollars.

Best place to try is Ebay,but you'll pay big time,maybe try flea markets or yard sales,you just never know what may pop up!.I went to the weekly flea markets years ago for a summer and one day I got lucky,I picked a original issue unbuilt 72 'Firebird and 70 'Mercury cougar convertible for $10 dollars each! and I was at a antique car and parts show and picked up a Mpc built up 70 cuda for $15 dollars.

I picked this one up on ebay after quite a few failed attempts at acquiring a '68. As a rule, these kits go for a lot of money, averaging between $150.00 & $250.00 depending on condition. I saw a pristine '68 convertible kit on ebay recently where the owner was asking $500.00!! I would never pay that much for one myself, but he may get it. These '68-'69 Coronets are getting increasingly scarce. I paid about $120.00 for this one. All of the major parts are there. The chassis & interior are painted & there are engine parts missing & no stock wheels, but parts are readily availible from the AMT Roadrunner/GTX kits as well as the '70 Super Bee kit & a myriad of Charger kits. I may have to do a little searching though to find a suitable R/T bumble bee stripe. Thinking either the light or medium metallic green available in '69, or a pale yellow. Not sure at this point. Steve