Model Cars Magazine Forum

'94 Camaro Z/28

JTalmage

This was a quick build. So quick I forgot to take progress pictures!

Anyway, this kit was chosen to be built because I am building all of my kits that I have low interest in, in order to accelerate my building, and get to the kits that I'm more excited to build.

I sprayed the car in Model Masters gray metallic. Cool color. I bought it for another build, but couldnt find a color that I thought would look good on this car besides a silver.

20140826_222715_zps59rm34l0.jpg

20140826_222728_zpsgxjj5pet.jpg

20140826_222743_zpstlliqlrm.jpg

20140826_222749_zps1fycfaxv.jpg

20140826_222828_zpsf4cvaou0.jpg

20140826_222944_zpsz328ecsh.jpg

20140826_223912_zpsmwlzjgdp.jpg

20140826_223931_zpsd79n32kw.jpg

20140826_223952_zpsrua3bk2c.jpg

20140826_224019_zpspec4on9h.jpg

I would also like to say that this kit fit together like garbage. I was contemplating trashing it about 3/4 of the way thru. From the moment I started putting the interior together, nothing fit right. I had to shave down the sides of the back seat. I had to clearance the interior a little so the body would set down over it on the back properly. The front suspension went together blindly, which, I think I have it together correctly... Not really happy with it. Front bumper doesnt go all the way on, and its because I cant bring the body all the way forward due to the interior fitment. And the most amusing thing I dont like about this kit.... two left hand exhaust tips.... or right hand depending on how you look at it. Hood also fits terribly. I had to bend it to get it to fit sort of good.

I built this kit quickly, and sort of low detail, but I was not going into it w/ my full detail in mind. Plus, the worse it went together, the quicker I wanted it done. I wouldnt build this kit again if I was paid.

Edited by JTalmage

So do tell how you actually feel about it. Any pictures from under hood? May have options as kit bashing.

I think it came out ok for a poor quality kit, don't you hate how you can't bring yourself to trash something even though you should? I have done it often.. I've gotten this far..must...finish...it...I ....must..

So do tell how you actually feel about it. Any pictures from under hood? May have options as kit bashing.

I think it came out ok for a poor quality kit, don't you hate how you can't bring yourself to trash something even though you should? I have done it often.. I've gotten this far..must...finish...it...I ....must..

YES! LOL I wanted to, but I was sooo close. I forgot to snap pictures of the underhood. I did a low-detail engine bay. I just wanted it done. I'm happy with it over all though. I'll snap pics tonight.

This was a quick build. So quick I forgot to take progress pictures!

Anyway, this kit was chosen to be built because I am building all of my kits that I have low interest in, in order to accelerate my building, and get to the kits that I'm more excited to build.

I sprayed the car in Model Masters gray metallic. Cool color. I bought it for another build, but couldnt find a color that I thought would look good on this car besides a silver.

20140826_222715_zps59rm34l0.jpg

20140826_222728_zpsgxjj5pet.jpg

20140826_222743_zpstlliqlrm.jpg

20140826_222749_zps1fycfaxv.jpg

20140826_222828_zpsf4cvaou0.jpg

20140826_222944_zpsz328ecsh.jpg

20140826_223912_zpsmwlzjgdp.jpg

20140826_223931_zpsd79n32kw.jpg

20140826_223952_zpsrua3bk2c.jpg

20140826_224019_zpspec4on9h.jpg

I would also like to say that this kit fit together like garbage. I was contemplating trashing it about 3/4 of the way thru. From the moment I started putting the interior together, nothing fit right. I had to shave down the sides of the back seat. I had to clearance the interior a little so the body would set down over it on the back properly. The front suspension went together blindly, which, I think I have it together correctly... Not really happy with it. Front bumper doesnt go all the way on, and its because I cant bring the body all the way forward due to the interior fitment. And the most amusing thing I dont like about this kit.... two left hand exhaust tips.... or right hand depending on how you look at it. Hood also fits terribly. I had to bend it to get it to fit sort of good.

I built this kit quickly, and sort of low detail, but I was not going into it w/ my full detail in mind. Plus, the worse it went together, the quicker I wanted it done. I wouldnt build this kit again if I was paid.

Too bad this kits fits weird... But you have made pretty good work of it anyway, looks good in this color. Not sure about the black all over the interior, I think it should have been dark grey but still looks good. For the exhaust extensions, the kit IS accurate both extensions are the same! On the real car, it's the same thing. IFor a reason I'm still trying to figure out they didn't route the tailpipes equally on both sides, so they installed the same extension on both sides. I'll have to study a Firebird Formula or Trans-Am, 'cause they don't seem to have the same issue. I changed the exhaust on my Z28 to a Magnaflow and solved this...

• 4 weeks later...