Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Tune....

JollySipper

This was actually Eric Burden and the Animals first. The first version I ever heard was by a band called the Obsessed. You should give it a listen. I have never heard Grand Funks version. Guess I need to give that a listen

true. I actually have never heard the Animals version. will have to give them both a listen.

The song has been covered by several other artists, including an audacious live performance by Leon Russell at the 1971 Concert for Bangla Desh, who was accompanied by a stageful of world-class musicians including George Harrison, Eric Clapton and Ringo Starr; a 1976 top 20 release by Bad Company; a 1983 version by Beach Boys guitarist Carl Wilson that served as the title track on his second solo album; and a version by Bruce Willis in The Return of Bruno (1987). The Grateful Dead are known to have soundchecked the song. was performed by Flash Cadillac and the Continental Kids (as "Johnny Fish and the Fins") in a Season Two episode of Happy Days. The song appeared on Jerry Lee Lewis's 1995 album of the same name. For the 1995 Doc Pomus tribute album Till The Night Is Gone - A Tribute To Doc Pomus released by Rhino Records, The Band also recorded a cover, which later appeared on the rerelease of their 1996 album High on the Hog.

took that from the wiki page, name the ORIGIONAL artist along with the title.

I couldn't sleep a wink for tryin'
I saw the rising of the sun
And all night my heart was cryin'
You're the one, you're the one

Edited by tubbs

The song has been covered by several other artists, including an audacious live performance by Leon Russell at the 1971 Concert for Bangla Desh, who was accompanied by a stageful of world-class musicians including George Harrison, Eric Clapton and Ringo Starr; a 1976 top 20 release by Bad Company; a 1983 version by Beach Boys guitarist Carl Wilson that served as the title track on his second solo album; and a version by Bruce Willis in The Return of Bruno (1987). The Grateful Dead are known to have soundchecked the song. was performed by Flash Cadillac and the Continental Kids (as "Johnny Fish and the Fins") in a Season Two episode of Happy Days. The song appeared on Jerry Lee Lewis's 1995 album of the same name. For the 1995 Doc Pomus tribute album Till The Night Is Gone - A Tribute To Doc Pomus released by Rhino Records, The Band also recorded a cover, which later appeared on the rerelease of their 1996 album High on the Hog.

took that from the wiki page, name the ORIGIONAL artist along with the title.

I couldn't sleep a wink for tryin'

I saw the rising of the sun

And all night my heart was cryin'

Young Blood, Bad Co., but I don't remember the album... Running with the Pack, maybe.

On side 2 of the abbey Road LP, their last recorded work, the Beatles (the Fab Four) put all the unfinished songs into a medley. The lyrics that the Buzzard quoted are from 'Sun King, one of those songs.

well I'll be. never knew that. thanks Don.

just played it. I have heard it, just didn't stick in the old memory banks. boy, the things you forget.

well I'll be. never knew that. thanks Don.

just played it. I have heard it, just didn't stick in the old memory banks. boy, the things you forget.

No problem Al

I never knew who did the original Youngblood, though I've known and loved the Leon Russell live version off Bangladesh since that album first came out! I'm a big Bad company fan but think their version is terrible...

That's what's good about this thread, the stuff you learn /remember!

Takes him out to see the Queen

Only place that he's ever been

Always shouts out something obscene

Such a dirty old man

'Mean Mr Mustard' - The Beatles, Abbey Road

(sleeps in the park shaves in the dark trying to save paper)