Model Cars Magazine Forum

I wonder if R2 listens ?

Ok, just as a general FYI to you all: I don't see every thread. If there are things going on that seem to be getting a pass, odds are that I haven't clicked on that particular thread. I'm one guy, with an actual life to live away from this place... I can't be here 24/7 and monitor everything all the time. You may see me as "signed in" in the list at the bottom of the page, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm here. I don't constantly sign in and sign out... I see no point in doing that. I signed in here once... the day I joined. I don't remember ever signing out.

Now, as far as me giving certain comments here a pass... the problem is that there is always a judgement call to be made. Did the person say something that breaks a forum rule? That's an easy call. But what if they said something that some people might be offended by, but not others? Especially if that something they said breaks no rules here?

See? There are shades of gray, everything isn't always black and white. Remember, a post that you are offended by (and expect something to be "done about") might be something that other members are not bothered by in the least. So how do I decide what gets deleted or edited? Do I base it on the handful of people who complain? Or do I go by the ones that don't see enough of a problem (if at all) to carp about it, and let it go?

You guys who are the habitual complainers (and you know who you are) need to take a deep breath and think about that. And if you really think I'm doing such a lousy job, I seriously suggest you contact Gregg and volunteer your services here. I'm not being sarcastic, I really mean it. If you think that you can do a better job keeping this place running relatively smoothly, tell Gregg you want to be a moderator.

But unless you are willing to put in the time and effort required to actually be a moderator, I suggest you keep your complaints to yourself, or at least have the common courtesy of sending me a PM in private rather than taking me apart here publicly. :rolleyes:

It's easy to sit there at your keyboard and put up all sorts of smartass comments about how poorly this forum is run. Anyone can do that. But if you really have a problem with how this forum is moderated, be an adult and step up and help, instead of just complaining.

You guys who are the habitual complainers (and you know who you are) need to take a deep breath and think about that. And if you really think I'm doing such a lousy job, I seriously suggest you contact Gregg and volunteer your services here. I'm not being sarcastic, I really mean it. If you think that you can do a better job keeping this place running relatively smoothly, tell Gregg you want to be a moderator.

But unless you are willing to put in the time and effort required to actually be a moderator, I suggest you keep your complaints to yourself, or at least have the common courtesy of sending me a PM in private rather than taking me apart here publicly. :rolleyes:

It's easy to sit there at your keyboard and put up all sorts of smartass comments about how poorly this forum is run. Anyone can do that. But if you really have a problem with how this forum is moderated, be an adult and step up and help, instead of just complaining.

Amen and agreed! There is a certain odd faction in this hobby that doesn't understand how the world works outside of the confines of their parents basement. There is often no respect for those who volunteer to spend their time doing good things for the hobby. That includes folks who run message boards, shows and other free services. These people think we all are fat cats in big companies that are making big money off of them. So they treat people with the same contempt they do when pulling a scam at the Walmart returns counter.

I started this thread because of my disssatisfaction with some polyglas tires offered up for several years until recently. Unaware that the parts pac tires were of a newer design. I was pounced on by a few members who did nothing more then want to "correct" me or make smart azz remarks. Some of those same members did not like it when I posted the actual correct size information. As for being a fairly newbie here I did'nt realize I upset the status quoe by questioning a manufacturer. Forgive me for expecting a little more for the money kits cost nowadays. I belong to 1:1 auto boards that don't treat people like that. Some of the posts have been removed and I have now learned to be careful what I ask and a few special members to avoid. I even apologized to the board for my "apparent" ignorance. I even asked what new kits the new style tires came from ? Funny how those who were so quick to "correct" me were'nt very helpful at all. Nothing but the sound of grass growing. Yah, I know, there are some on every board. Now it appears that this topic is heading a stray so I will lock it now.

Thank you to all those who have been helpful.