Model Cars Magazine Forum

The GT Collection - #1. GT2 Supra.

Shelby 427 1965

So, I’m starting the Gran Turismo collection of models, since I found that doing a collection inspires me to build more - like it did with the 90s Rally Cars.

They’ll be signified by the Gran Turismo licence plate on ‘em, somewhere, and I’ll mention the game(s) I had the fond memories of playing with that car in.

So, to start off on what will probably be a looooong time going.. is a Toyota Supra.

The Gran Turismo Collection.

#1 - Toyota Supra Twin Turbo - Yellow - Gran Turismo 2 (PS1, 1999)

I've never really liked the Toyota Supra.

I know that some people see the car as a God send, but to me, it's always just been.. bleh. I've never really found any of the variants to be overly attractive, and the whole Fast and Furious scene has meant that most examples out there have been ruined. Somehow, though, it wound up in my stockpile. I never really had any inspiration to build it, it was always sorta just... there. But I had the memory of having one in Gran Turismo 2 all those years ago, not very much, mind - but still. It was a spark of imagination, anyway.

tumblr_nbhrga7gie1qlq9k4o1_1280.png

So, I got ahead with building it. Colour is Ford Signal Yellow. I took some wheels from a Toyota Corolla WRC from the stockpile and painted them gun metal grey. I also opted to paint the headlight inserts gun metal, and the rear ones body colour. Box stock apart from the wheels and my Gran Turismo Collection licence plate.

tumblr_nbhqt7wB7y1qlq9k4o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbhqt7wB7y1qlq9k4o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbhqt7wB7y1qlq9k4o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbhqt7wB7y1qlq9k4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbhqt7wB7y1qlq9k4o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbhqt7wB7y1qlq9k4o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbhqt7wB7y1qlq9k4o9_1280.jpg

(I know, I didn't paint under the bonnet or fill in the sinkholes.. Truth be told, I never do, my models are never displayed with these open, so I don't see the point. I only really open em to show you lot.)

tumblr_nbhqt7wB7y1qlq9k4o5_1280.jpg

Thanks for lookin', all comments appreciated. :)