Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autocar DC9964B Dumper

Terry,

That beast is looking really good! Where are you going to put the exhaust? Will it still go on the right side of the cab ? Will it fit under the modifications you made?

Be Well

Gator

That is the plan. I realized that the cab guard would present a problem, but I'll figure something out. I could always stick it out of the hood right? ;) Nah, I'll make it look right somehow. I have a few ideas, I just haven't gotten there yet. 

Terry, Looks really good. A couple of work horses for sure. Not sure how your going to do the exhaust.

Not to sure about the bolts on the front top bumper and top fenders. Just my opinion. Wouldn't it just be welded?

Very nice job though, better that what I could do I don't know enough about those old girls.

Ken.

Terry, Looks really good. A couple of work horses for sure. Not sure how your going to do the exhaust.

Not to sure about the bolts on the front top bumper and top fenders. Just my opinion. Wouldn't it just be welded?

Very nice job though, better that what I could do I don't know enough about those old girls.

Ken.

Ken, they were bolted. 

C38919C9-A262-466D-9AA7-21173628E1B4_zps

This just became my FAVORITE thread!!!:wub: Keep the eye candy comin Terry!!B) Lovin those close ups of the Rockwell rear set up.

Thanks Kevin. I may just post that brochure to this thread. What I did isn't exactly accurate, as I found the brochure after I did the work. Oh, well

Terry,

These two trucks have got be be at the top of list of my favorites on your workbench!

Be Well

Gator

Thanks Gator. For me it's a close tie with the Mack.

Ken.

Thanks Ken. The exhaust is going to be tricky, but I don't want to sacrifice the look of the bed. I'm using a little artistic license on that.

The red and black looks real nice! The detailing that you've added really makes it pop. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Dennis. The gold lettering will be the icing on the cake. Hopefully it all works out.

Very nice detail work.

Thank you Ray.

Terry,

Are you going to do the pinstriping? As much as I like that look.I doubt I would ever try it myself. But those are some good looking trucks.

Be Well

Gator

Yeah Gator, I'm going to tackle the stripes. I bought some 1/32 pin-striping from HobbyMasters. As long as I meditate for a few hours first, and hold my mouth right, it should go pretty well.I bought a few different colors, so I can do it on some future builds. That's something I love about the old trucks, and cars, that really set them off.

Edited by Superpeterbilt

• 2 weeks later...

I've been steady working on the Autocar, but it hasn't been pic worthy. I've been sanding seams on parts, test fitting parts, and things like that. I robbed some brakes from an Italeri kit for the rear. I attatched the front axle and rock guard and some pieces of the steering. The hydraulic tank has been mounted. The bed and front bumper assembly have been primered. The resin wheels have been sanded to remove mould lines and uneven tread. The chassis is getting closer to primer. 

That is the plan. I realized that the cab guard would present a problem, but I'll figure something out. I could always stick it out of the hood right? ;) Nah, I'll make it look right somehow. I have a few ideas, I just haven't gotten there yet. 

It is not usual that the box is so close to the cab. But you can set your problem by the placing under the box with the collection of box heating

I started tooling around with the Cummins. It had been started already by the previous owner of the kit. It was a complete glue bomb. I tore it all back down, filed the necessary parts flat and square, sanded off seams, and made some modifications to resemble an actual NHC 250. The motor will be wired and plumbed as I have decided to hinge the hood for viewing. It was originally going to be curbside with the glue bomb engine. 

Here's a before

Thats all for tonight