Model Cars Magazine Forum

New member from Germany

AxelW

Hi all,

modelers greetings from Germany. My name is Axel and I am a plastic modeler since 1970.

Beginning with 1:72 scale aircraft I went through different themes and finally arrived in 1:24 / 25 scale

modelcar kits. Beginning with sports cars and vintage prewar-cars around 1975, I switched to classic american

cars of the 1930s to 1970s around 1982. Main intererest are the 1950s "finned" cars, I prefer stock but also

like mild customs and 1929 to 1934 Ford customs and Hotrods.

I am also interested in the history of plastic model companies (like JO HAN), so I am sure I found the right place here!

Axel

Welcome Axel! Sounds like your interests are about the same as mine! We should get along nicely! :) Steve

Hello Steve, nice to hear. And I am sure we will. From the "300" hood ornament on your picture I guess you are

a "Mopar man" ? I also like Mopars, especially the "Forward Look" ones from and I even owned a

1958 Plymouth Custom Suburban for 16 years. Sadle we had to "divorce" a few years ago but still I have

contact to the new owners and they let me ride the car again a few weeks ago. I love this V 8 sound....

Axel

Hello Axel, since you've been building models since 1970, you surely have the right age for some good judgement and some good acquired skills. I'm looking forward to your participation here.

Michael

Hello Michael, yes I started in the golden age of plastic modeling. My skills were not updated for a long time, due to lackof time,

that´s why I also more concentrated on collecting unbuilt kits which I had built in my youth. But I am member in a

modelers club and so I have a good background for enhancing my skills.

Axel

Edited by AxelW

Welcome to the forum. Had to google your town to see where you were from .. outside Dusseldorf I see. I was in Neckarslum for two years just before your modeling began . '67 - '68. .. and loved it there! Enjoy your stay and wil lbe looking foward to seeing some of your builds.

Hello Steve, nice to hear. And I am sure we will. From the "300" hood ornament on your picture I guess you are

a "Mopar man" ? I also like Mopars, especially the "Forward Look" ones from and I even owned a

1958 Plymouth Custom Suburban for 16 years. Sadle we had to "divorce" a few years ago but still I have

contact to the new owners and they let me ride the car again a few weeks ago. I love this V 8 sound....

Axel

I am a Mopar man Axel, or at least I was years ago when they built "real" cars! :) I like them all! Anything from the mid fifties to around '72 is the era I love. The picture of the 300 on my profile photo is a '66. I owned a '67 300 when I was in high school & have been a 300 fanatic every since. As a matter of fact, you'll probably start seeing some Chrysler 300 builds coming from me soon. I have a restorable kit for every 300 from 1962 to 1968, all old Johan kits. After finishing up my current 1959 Ford Galaxie & 1960 Chrysler New Yorker builds, I hope to start off with a very nice '64 Chrysler 300 I picked up a while back. Steve