Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've been participating but I don't think I've posted any builds. Till now.

bob terry

The "Stink Bug Look" bring back memories. That was why High Jackers were invented. One thing you might try when you practice foiling that helped me a lot is to look on a 1:1 car to see where the different pieces are joined. I used to really struggle with the longer pieces of foil until I started try to match what the factory did. This goes for the door and fenders as wheel as the window moldings. As stated by others, If you can build that good a model, foiling will come to you.

Yup...'70's all the way! And boy...does this bring back a memory.

One rainy night back in '74, and I mean pouring, a guy pulls into a gas station that I was working at, with, if my memory serves me, a '69 or '70 somethin. Raked like you wouldn't believe. Cracks his window and hands me three bucks for gas. OK...no problem. That tore up rain poncho will....whatever. I get done, and as I give him the thumbs-up he stops me and through the crack asks for fifty cents more. All the while his buddies are yuk'n it up. Well, was he ever surprised when he pulled out onto Main street! As with most stations the drop between the drive and street was a bit higher, and since the valves for adding air to his shocks were both located behind the drop down license plate. Also where the gas filler was. Well...ya know....I kinda let a bit of air out of his shocks.

I know, I know.....not the nicest thing to do, but it sure made me smile as I stood in the bay dripping wet and watched his tires smack up into his wheel wells!

Oh and Bobby...great lookin Goat! Sixty-six through sixty-eight are, in my mind, the best years for the GTO. I've got an MPC '68 that I picked-up as a rebuilder off of Ebay waiting to be restored. I think that after seeing yours...that '68 will need to move up in the line-up.

Great story! Ain't Karma a b**ch :) . Real nice goat, and the others are right about the foil. Just use a NEW knife blade and don't worry about waste. The more you try to scrimp with it the harder it seems to get.