Model Cars Magazine Forum

What cool trucks (rigs or pick ups) have you seen lately?

That IS a good find, Keegan.....It even has a triple axle dumper.....With a frame.....Awesome....If the Focus wasn't in the shot, you'd never guess when that picture was taken.....

A Dodge photobombed by a little Ford.... Go figure.....

Edited by kilrathy10

A few more from me.

We are now in the year 2011 and at Pomona Ca.

Here is an International Lonestar entering the parking lot at the track with the railway museum in the back, the photo is taken at a long range across the parkinglot so it's not the best.

IMG_2889b.jpg

One of John Force Racing's support haulers in the pits, Peterbilt 387.

IMG_3048b.jpg

More Race Car Haulers, Don Schumacher Racing's Haulers for Johnny Gray, a couple of Kenworth T660's I believe.

IMG_3076b.jpg

Man, that's an amazing old truck........I like that old Pete, too.....How many axles does that tanker have???

Three- tandem with the drop axle.

Hey a Scotland tanker! Alma Michigan They're about ten miles from me

About 20 from me.... I took that pic at Petticoat on 46.

Some from earlier today...

001_zpsp7pmqsad.jpg

004_zps2cy6w96q.jpg

007_zpsvlt6drqz.jpg

This passed me today, and I'm curious what the two under-trailer tanks are for. I didn't notice if it was a reefer or not, so one tank for the reefer compressor would make sense, but two separate tanks?:

1a278181-cced-4a83-96f0-51d160741033.jpg

Saw these two flatbeds last week:

4c1a63dc-6af4-455a-abc0-e52bdb7ccd1f.jpg

Gotta love a mixer:

73d3c748-fecc-4502-a4f1-ebddb4a80117.jpg

Doing the dirty work:

5b42a04e-ff0a-4017-b94c-943208f2488d.jpg

The 2 tanks may be for the reefer unit. I see a lot of guys who run spread axle refers put a tank on each side in the space between the axles. Intermodal reefer trailers have 1 long tank in the same spot as your pic. The 2 tanks in your pic may just be there so he doesn't have to fuel the trailer as often.

Edited by Petetrucker07

The 2 tanks may be for the reefer unit. I see a lot of guys who run spread axle refers put a tank on each side in the space between the axles. Intermodal reefer trailers have 1 long tank in the same spot as your pic. The 2 tanks in your pic may just be there so he doesn't have to fuel the trailer as often.

That or it was added for intermodal use. It seems the one is a standard 50 gal tank but the other looks smaller, and I think the long tanks on regular rail use trailers are 75 gal. It appears as if it is a Pegasus unit, I'm not sure if they ship by rail or not. It could also be for drop and hook ops, just to insure the trailer doesn't run out of fuel on a drop yard.

We continue with trucks I have seen under my travels to your country, we are in the year 2011 still,

Here is one we met on the I 40 between Barstow and Needles.

IMG_3877b.jpg

I like big trains too so I took a picture of this train with 6 Diesels, the picture is taken after the I 40 somewhere between Needles and Kingman.

IMG_3892b.jpg

Another old truck taken in Hackberry Az after Route 66.

IMG_3915b.jpg