Model Cars Magazine Forum

GOOD MORNING MCM GUYS & GALS!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums, though I've subscribed to MCM for years. I'm an avid modeler who seems to build mostly unfinished projects <grin>. My subjects of choice in cars (I also build ships & WWI airplanes) are primarily road racing cars of the 1970's and earlier and also the unusual (like the 1934 Rolls Royce Monster Truck I kit-bashed). I only build in 1/24 - 1/25 scales for cars, 1/48 for the airplanes, 1/72 for plastic model ships and all over the lot for the wooden models ship kits (finished size is more the criterion for those).

A friend of mine who is also on the forums told me about the Cannonball Run annual build and this year's theme of "Sleepers," for which I've already got a crazy idea (more to follow after January 1), only the crazy part is saved for the final reveal in December 2015.

I live in a condo in FL with my fiancée, Liz, and my building space is squeezed into our garage, so I have to move the car whenever I'm going to build. It's not air conditioned, so the heat and humidity can also be a factor. Still, it's better than what a lot of people have for a workspace, so I feel pretty lucky to have it.

Like many of us, I built when I was younger, then got away from it in my later teens and didn't get back until a few years ago, in my 50's (I'm now 63 in fall 2014).