Model Cars Magazine Forum

closest "340" that will work with the '70 Hemi Cuda?

The only downside to the AMT 340 (aside from its misnomer "Six Pack" decal for the air cleaner ; "Six Pack" is Dodge's nomenclature , whereas Plymouth was "Six Barrel") is the presence of the York RV-2 A/C compressor . No way would that compressor fit with those Holley 2300's on the 'real' engine !

The original issue stock AMT-Ertl Duster 340 kit had both a four barrel and a non-stock (for a factory Duster340) Six Barrel option.

But if you want to do the Revell '70 'cuda as an AAR, you need the AMT-Ertl Duster 340 (for the 340 six barrel setup) AND the AMT-Ertl Duster Street Machine (for the non A/C fan belt in that kit).

This will result in a very accurate engine.

Don't have my photo research library and kit references in front of me right now, but if you need a new air clearer decal specific to the AAR, I would think one would be in the old (2nd try) Revell 1/24th scale 'Cuda AAR kit. For non- AAR '70 'cudas, the 340 Four Barrel Air Cleaner Decal WAS a generic "340 Four Barrel" graphic for both the 'cuda and Challenger that year but I can't recall for sure what was used on the six barrel. A quick google image search should tell all....TIM

I do have a Duster 340 with the "Six Pack" intake and decals. I do believe I also have the 1/24 AAR decal sheet as well. I will have to look through my stuff. I just didn't know if there was a better small block Mopar engine that would fit the new 'Cuda any better than the Duster engine. Thank you for all your input! James