Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Mad Max Pontiac

Antikainen

Now this is kinda mix up of many kits.This could easily pass as a mad max- effected curbside model though it is infact a Modelrally race car in Modified class, build strictly according to rules and regulations of Modelrally.

Modelrally is quite brainless but seriously fun sport which includes hitting these totally brush- painted and fully decaled race cars with croquet mallet one racer at time in order to finish first. Race cars race on a track of course. The track lines are drawn on sand with a stick or drawn on asphalt with various methods.

Modelrally is a sport that me and my modelmaking buddies cooked up and it includes many unintented crashes and damages to race cars.

This one was fun to build!

Enought with talking, on to the pics:

IMAG6140-vi.jpg

IMAG6142-vi.jpg

IMAG6149-vi.jpg

That lip on the rear is a hitting shield made of thin metal, demanded by the rules.

Weird stuff.

• 1 month later...

Sorry but we haven´t got any videos yet but I am planning to shoot some and share on youtube when we are having our next race on our model club.

Last Sunday we held a test race at my place, you can find action shots from it on our FB- page.

There were AMT Promo- based ´Vettes, an amt ´62 Buick and Monogram ´58 T- Bird on the track.

If you are on facebook you can find lots of pics of these modelrally racers over there.

Just search " malliralli " from FB.

Malliralli = Modelrally in finnish.

Those pages are in finnish put look at photos / albums on that page.

Edited by Antikainen