Model Cars Magazine Forum

need another opinion

mnwildpunk

The ballast resistor went out in my over head light so to replace it cost just as much as a new light. So I bought a new light. Upon trying to replace I can't back the screws out because the molly fasteners and screws are turning together . All I can think of is trying to pull everything down. Any ideas please

If I am understanding the problem correctly that has happened to me once. What I did was to wedge something in between the ceiling and screw to put pressure to hold the molly tight against the surface. When you say molly is it a toggle bolt ? Anyway, this worked for me. Sorry if I misunderstand the question or the device.

Lots of ideas here https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=removing+plastic+wall+anchors I think you are saying

is the darn thing is turning under the light fixture not allowing the screw to come out. You need to find a way to hold / jam the "molly / toggle bolt" so it wont turn. Worse case, grind the head off the screw. :o