Model Cars Magazine Forum

Badger 175 Airbrush issues. Hoping for some opinions.

Tonight I pained a few parts and had no issues. When I got done I cleaned it like I always have, and put it away. Later I went back to paint some more stuff, and no paint came out. So I took it all apart and cleaned it again. One of the things I do is take a pipette with thinner. and spray it into the siphon hole to run some thinner thorough it. I saw some thinner spraying back out of the hole. Hmm... So I took the whole thing apart and cleaned every inch if it.
I then filled a jar with clear thinner to see if when I pull the trigger back, I got bubbles down in the jar, and sure enough I did. So the air is going back down into the jar, which of course prevents the paint from sucking out of the jar like it should. I am definitely getting air out of the nozzle...but also down into the jar preventing the paint from siphoning out to spray.
Needless to say I am stuck, and I'd sure like to know what is causing this all of a sudden.
Any thoughts ?
Thanks,
JJ
Edited by Jeff Johnston