Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy 2 Speed Powerglide Tranny

Am starting to build a model of my first car, a 1962 Impala SS with a 283 and 2 Speed Powerglide transmission. Was Ermine White with the red bucket seat interior. Don't know what happened to the 1:1 after trading her for a....... :rolleyes: , you don't want to know. Am using a AMT '62 convertible kit and the roof from the AMT '63 Chevy Impala kit. Any help in locating the proper tranny (kit or after market source) is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks folks!! I've got a '53 Corvette around here somewhere and I'll check that out (should have thought about that but didn't give a 2 speed tranny in a Corvette any thought :rolleyes: ). Also, for those interested: Just checked this topic on the Scale Auto forum and was advised that Competition Resins has a copy of the aluminum GM Powerglide Transmission available. Looks nice and clean too. You might want to take a look.

Edited by rhoadapple

Thanks! Don't have the Pro '71 Nova but I do have the Revell '56 kit and won't be needing the Powerglide tranny for that particular build. Looks like I have a couple of nice options for the '62 Impala SS project. Happy building!

Edited by rhoadapple