Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Shelby Mustang

Jason Rothgeb

Disney2007267-vi.jpg

Potporri051-vi.jpg

This is the Revell kit. Box stock except for Keith Marks Decals. Paint is Tamiya Racing white under Tamiya clear. Although not a commonly known fact, of the 1000 Shelbys sold to Hertz Rent-a-car, about 200 were colors besides black including the white seen here, red, blue and green.

Edited by Jason Rothgeb

Wow! Thanks for all the nice comments guys. I will try to get some more pictures of this build tonight when I can access Fotki. Also I will be bringing both of these builds to the "East Coast Model Car sitdown" on Feb. 23. To those not aware, this is a small model get together in East Norriton, PA (Suburban Philadelphia just off exit 25 of the PA turnpike) two weeks from last saturday. A bunch of the MAMAS boys make it, as do the Central PA model club, some Tri-State guys, and of course, the host club, PACM (the Philly guys). This is a great time, crowded yes, with a fun and talented bunch of builders. Please think about attending if you can make it. If anyone needs more details, I will be happy to provide a link to details.

Here is an engine shot and one of the things I don't like about building Fords: the upfront and very conspicuous distributor that begs to be wired. As you can see I was remiss and did not wire it. The air cleaner decals were from the Keith Marks set as well since there were none provided with those that came in the kit.

Disney2007273-vi.jpg