Model Cars Magazine Forum

1992 Mercury Cougar XR-7 2015 Cannonball run

wrecker388

OK, here is my Cougar. The cage is scratchbuilt from 1/16 Evergreen tubing. Wheels and tires are from Monogram's 55 F-100 Street Rod. The decals on the rear window are from a NASCAR kit and Roscoe's Monaco. The body paint is Dupli-Color gloss Black and because it blushed on top, it gave the car the typical peeling 90s beater look. The front bumper is primer and the hood is Dupli-color Graphite Grey Metallic. The Maroon interior really gives the car a 90s look as i don't think I've seen a vehicle newer than like 99 with a burgundy interior. I went for a built in a LKQ yard type look and think I hit it pretty well. The kit is virtually box stock, I had to modify the front wheel backs a little bit. The worst part of the build was when one of the front wheel backs decided to go MIA for about an hour and screw with me. I still need to make some license plates for the front and rear.All comments welcome. IMG_1658_zps89c52a95.jpgIMG_1653_zpsf63c2d64.jpgIMG_1648_zps1f6bd5ec.jpgIMG_1652_zps99accc0f.jpgIMG_1646_zps11344d18.jpgIMG_1650_zpsbc99644f.jpg