Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell 2010 mustang snap kit.

towtruck

Thanks Stephen, now I see that the rear fascia is as the front, it can be cut along the same body lines as the existing glue kits and all GT500 parts swapped over. Or, just take the convertible-specific bits (interior and top-down boot) and stick them into a roof-removed glue GT500 kit. I see a lot of possibilities for the snapper..................

Yes Rob, your memory is correct in that the glue GT500 front and rear fascias are separate pieces, as are the '10GT units.

I'm thinking it might be easy to just transfer the snap kit body to a glue kit chassis and interior (with the convertible back seat and rear inner quarters), once the mounting posts and that big web in the hood opening are removed.

I might swap the rear fascia, though- not sure if I like the way they did the taillamps on the snap kit.

Jonathan,probly (hide em),LOL! :P I had to run to Kingsport today for an appt,and figured I'd not been in a Hobby Lobby in years (trucking days,OK City,OK-stopped every week to check their model stash B) ) so I ran in and they had a 30% off coupon on plastic kits,and I got another one for an additional 20% off (that's HALF PRICE!)...I was REALLY hoping they'd have had the GT500 kit (and these,the snappers),but alls they had was a '10 GT,and alls I had was $15,so I bought an extra GT and some brushes. I guess I'm gunna have to get going faster on the current wip's,get Nick's '70 going,and then maybe I can justify (to Nick,my son) why Daddy's working on another one for hiself before his is done,LOL! :rolleyes:

I was just checking the Time machine Resin website and he offers a 07'Mustang gt convertible with a up top,not sure if the top will fit the 2010,but if you gotta have a uptop you can ask him if he'll sell it seperately.

I have that transkit. And, the uptop is kinda funky to my eyes.

I just got looking at my glue kits this morning (getting the '10GT ready for surgery) and noticed that its interior pan has the posts hanging down off the package tray, just like the snap 'vert does. Looks like we don't need to trim those off after all.

Yup, those package tray posts are a characteristic of even the 1/12 GT500.

Having just fiddled a bit with my 'vert, I can also confirm for y'all what the box cover suggests: the model's front and rear ride height are acceptable right out of the box.

Why Revell seems to confine this to the snappers, I'll never guess...