Model Cars Magazine Forum

0321120148.jpg

0507121647a.jpg

0507121647.jpg

I am dieing to get this bus built, someone on this forum or another one that I go on mentioned that in every pic you can see thru the bus thru the grill and see detail and they are right, so I got with my man at my local hobby shop and we came up with this mesh and he ordered me some from KAModels and it is pretty close to eyeballing scale in my opinion. So now that I have that done its time to start building this. Between this and the hell train ride im working on i can use the revell bus as a slump buster as I will only be building it stock, with some added engine and gearbox detail, I cant promise it will be a speedy build but lets see what I can come up with.

Edited by Darren B

Ok guys like i said not sure on the speed of it especially since the reapers ride/hell train has been in the making for two years and it will only be stock with a little engine and gear box detail thats it. But kinda using it as a slump buster as well since the other build has me stumped on paint/paint colors...... Got this book and it shows a lot of detail:

0507121741.jpg

It will help me out with wire placement and things, gonna be a whole lot of red paint!!!

Edited by Darren B

A few people i have talked to about the build want to do party buses and luxury RV builds out of theirs, but for the cost of the kit I'm a little worried about doing that and messing it up so box stock pretty much for me. Check out this website i came across, this guy built a luxury rv out of the revell neoplan luxury liner. Would love to see what he could do with this kit : http://www.way2manyhobbies.com/Neoplan_Luxury_RV_2.html

I know its not my kit, and I have no say in how you build it, but I vote box stock build

Jonathan, it is for sure going box stock, i just wanted to put mesh in for the grill to make it look a lot more real than the decal that they supply in the kit for the grill material because any front shot of this bus you can see right thru it and the engine department will get some super detailing but other than that full box stock build. Most of all the work will be prepping the parts, removing mold lines, and the biggest challenge is the tons of seats and seat supports that need to be cleaned up but kept seperate because some of them fit certain frames and other ones don't. Anyway its gonna be a fun build, its an awesome kit looks to be like it should go together quit easy and lets see how my progress goes, will start on the engine and the seats next should have some progress pics by the end of this week. Edited by Darren B

That mesh for the grill looks great. Can you please tell me the part number of that and I will try ordering some too.

Thanks,

Mike

Sure thing the company is ka models their website is www.ka-models.com and on the front of it says Diamond Pattern Mesh B KA-00004 and size is 0.25x0.4.

It was hard for me too, a lot for one kit i thought well one will show up in a bargain someday but didnt want to wait that long, got the wife to agree for an early fathers day gift so i got it a few months early but worked for me.

Edited by Darren B

You'll find a LOT of builds under way in the Vehicles - Work in Progress section over at Britmodeller:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showforum=382&prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all&st=0

There are at least 10 threads, some with conversions, but all with lots of helpful commentary and reference information, and info on the real things as well (there are several hard-core bus enthusiasts on the board)

It's probably the best place to participate in a 1/24 Routemaster community!

HTH - it's not my thing, but even I'm tempted just by the quality of the kit (same reason I built a 1/72 Type VII U-boat!)...

bestest,

M.

You'll find a LOT of builds under way in the Vehicles - Work in Progress section over at Britmodeller:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showforum=382&prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all&st=0

There are at least 10 threads, some with conversions, but all with lots of helpful commentary and reference information, and info on the real things as well (there are several hard-core bus enthusiasts on the board)

It's probably the best place to participate in a 1/24 Routemaster community!

HTH - it's not my thing, but even I'm tempted just by the quality of the kit (same reason I built a 1/72 Type VII U-boat!)...

bestest,

M.

Wow Matt that is an awesome site been checking out the work they are doing on those buses and totally blowing me away. Will be watching a few of those myself!

Guest Darkside Customs

Darren, this is gonna be kool.... Can't wait to see more... And yea, I would be one of the people that would slam this on the ground..

Matt found this awesome forum from england and it does have a lot of routemaster builds underway the site has this walkaround of a routemaster including other cool pics as well:

http://www.britmodel...topic=234912743 and this link has some cool pics of interior advertising cards that can be used to ad adverts to the interior:http://www.londontra...or_Posters.html

Darren, this is gonna be kool.... Can't wait to see more... And yea, I would be one of the people that would slam this on the ground..

thanks James, yeah it would be cool to lower it i even thought about buying an extra one to make into a rolling stripper club, adding dance floor and miniature dance pools, maybe some day!

6917209701_7d01c7d45d_z.jpg

doing a lot of research on this thing im getting inspired by seeing all of the out of service buses in disarray, getting the bug to buy another kit and make it look like this! See more like this than in working condition.