Model Cars Magazine Forum

short fleet 59 apache bagged beater

Went to the show down yesterday day in farmers branch and bought a modelhaus 59 cab and bed. The idea is to build a rusted farm truck on bags to pay homage to my up bringing of hotroding farm trucks. I so far have the frame worked out I stole from my bagged 88 Silverado project that stalled out. Going to dare to be different use a 235 with vintage style speed equipment may even supercharge it. Because it's a farm truck theme I have mud grips on the rear with white wall inlays,plan on using farm name on the door and Jr west coast mirrors.

post-8572-0-78038700-1426449269_thumb.jp

post-8572-0-53921400-1426449277_thumb.jp

post-8572-0-66837500-1426449286_thumb.jp

post-8572-0-97856400-1426449295_thumb.jp

post-8572-0-36552400-1426449308_thumb.jp

post-8572-0-50879600-1426449317_thumb.jp

Looking forward to this! I used to own one of these. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but that's a '58 cab.

Its okay i have a hard time telling them apart just went with what the box said, I'm out of my usual realm I'm a 60-66 chevy guy. Let me guess the fender badges are different.

Thats a good looking 60 you built. On that 58/59 does that say Hales Speed Shop? I can barely see it but if so they build some pretty nice stuff. They built a green 69 c10 that I really like.

thank you. The 58 does say hales on it, they are always draging something cool out.

1.) I like what you're doing with this build. emotion-21.gif

2.) Farmers Branch........I used to work just down the road at Vista Ridge Pontiac (Now Classic Buick /GMC) and used to frequent Phil's Hobbies (and I think that was in Farmers Branch) all the time. I found out that Phil closed the shop down some time ago but is on Ebay now.

Did you use a styrene stick and heat it for that notch or did you layer some styrene sheets together to get that radius? Really cool build so far and I am looking forward to seeing this one come along. I am a lover of these trucks. I have a build thread on here of a 55/57 Cameo.

1.) I like what you're doing with this build. emotion-21.gif

2.) Farmers Branch........I used to work just down the road at Vista Ridge Pontiac (Now Classic Buick /GMC) and used to frequent Phil's Hobbies (and I think that was in Farmers Branch) all the time. I found out that Phil closed the shop down some time ago but is on Ebay now.

well your from my area think he was before my time I'm fairly young @ age 25. Thanks for the support, I'm a wrench as well in a restoration shop. Edited by hotrod66c10

Did you use a styrene stick and heat it for that notch or did you layer some styrene sheets together to get that radius? Really cool build so far and I am looking forward to seeing this one come along. I am a lover of these trucks. I have a build thread on here of a 55/57 Cameo.

I tried heating styrene sticks at first but they distorted badly any where hard to make uniform. I found a piece of sheet styrene the same thickness and cut them out, I was wondering if anybody would noticed them.I will have to check your build out thanks for supporting mine.