Model Cars Magazine Forum

What cool trucks (rigs or pick ups) have you seen lately?

Yeah I've noticed...but they are hard to take good pictures of "on the run" so to speak, partly to the speed and the fact that they are moving, and partly to the obstacles that can get in the way in the shot...like the road barrier in the last picture.

Here are the pics I uploaded before that vanished when the forum was reset and a couple that I havent posted yet.

Outside the SEMA Show in Las Vegas.

IMG_10212b.jpg

IMG_8414b.jpg

DSR Racings Semis for Antron Brown at "The Strip" in Las Vegas.

IMG_8615b.jpg

Another truck we passed on I 15 between San Bernadino and Cajun Junction CA going up to Las Vegas.

post-363-0-88619900-1419724151_thumb.jpg

And lastly a truck we passed on US Hwy 95 going to Boulder City NV

post-363-0-75969000-1419724645_thumb.jpg

Edited by Force

Good Flippin' Gravy, Chuck......That Actros is AWESOME !!!!! Their cabovers are amazing......That one has a beautiful paint job.....I mean just look at that visor.....And the picture of the Lonestar on the side of the trailer.....Wow !!!!

Edited by kilrathy10

Well, I do know that is the newest Actros....I don't Italeri has released their version of it, yet....I can only assume they will face lift previous issues, but it would have to be heavily modified to look as good as this one.....I like Euro rigs....They squeeze so much into so little space....I probably have 20 or so of them on the shelf, sealed, still.....

That Mercedes-Benz Actros called "Highway Hero" is from Finland owned by Mika Auvinen, and it won the Nordic Trophy this year 2014 at a large truck show held here in Sweden every year......I think it's painted by Terje Aspmo

Based on the paint job and the way he styled the grille I think Mika rather would have had an American truck than a German Mercedes as there are 4 different US trucks on there, except for the Lonestar on the trailer tank there is a Peterbilt on the other side, a Freightliner and a Western Star are painted on the sides of the trucks tank. ;)

Mika Auvinen has more trucks in his fleet, another Actros called "Xtar", a Scania called "Gunfighter", a Scania called "White V8", another Scania called "Shogun" yet another Scania called "Aces High", two other Mercedeses called "Gladiator" and "Gladiator II" and finally another Mercedes called "Outlaw"...all are bulk trucks for cement or animal feed or whatever he hauls...here is his website with more on his trucks http://www.kuljetusauvinen.fi/index.php

I personally think these trucks are "too much" and I prefer a simpler cleaner paintjob on a truck and not so much clutter as it usually is on the Nordic Trophy contenders nowadays. :rolleyes:

Edited by Force

Thanks Hakan for the link and the knowledge of this particular truck owner.....I have to agree on a much less flamboyant truck would be preferable to what this man has done, but I do like his showmanship......Lots of thought went into those things....All I can do is marvel at what they've done....Especially when you see what they started with.....Amazing......

Seriously, thank you for that link....I'm still looking at stuff, right now.....

Edited by kilrathy10

I've read about this truck in our trucking magazine "Trailer" and that's why I know a few things about it...and Finland is one of our neighbouring countries.

I don't think he used a Lonestar grille as I believe they are somewhat hard go get hold of over here, he just made the grille to look similar to one.

The European truck manufacturers doesn't make conventional trucks anymore as our length regulations don't favour them, over here it's the total length including cab/hood, so only COE's are made over here.

One fun thing is that Volvo has the main cab factory here in my home town and they stamp out some of the sheet metal for the North American VN and VH trucks as some things are the same as for our FH trucks over here, these things are packed up in boxes and sent over to the New River Valley Plant in Dublin Virginia for assembly.

Edited by Force

Wow, the only time I seen a 57' was in Texas, the only place I thought they were legal, but that was a while ago too. I know Werner used them there, that was where I seen them, on the Dallas yard.

Yep....That is a cool find....I've seen 57'ers, but none behind such a cool looking COE.....Hobby Lobby runs 57's behind Volvo VN780's down here.....

post-10745-0-52805000-1356319022_zps7774

Here's something y'all might not see much of up north....And there are lots of them down these parts....

0011024x450_zps2ec29576.jpg

Found this one a few months ago, too.....Not my company, but it has my name on it.....

SAM_44341024x461_zpsd2898378.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10