Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale question

It's not much on small pieces but wheel bases and actual body sizes will be noticable. A 1:1 wheelbase of 110", in 1/25 scale, would be 4.4". In 1/28th it would be 3.93 That's almost a half inch difference in scale size. Very noticable...

Mark

If you're talking about an overall look for displaying with 1/25 or 1/24 scale models, I've found that the differences are noticeable.....It depends on what you're displaying the models with....I've noticed that diecast trucks, for some reason, are in 1/28 scale as opposed to 1/24 or 1/25 scale for some reason.....In this case, displaying it with other cars may not be as noticeable, but I have a Testors T-600 that just doesn't display well with anything but other 1/28 scale items....That scale just annoys me :unsure:

Edited by kilrathy10

The reason I ask is I am getting a 1/28 Ford CL9000 motorized model kit. The measurements of the truck are so close to the 1/25 but I may put the cab on a 1/25 frame if possible. I'm just happy I always wanted one of those.

740552826_o.jpg

Edited by alangarber

Ive seen that one also,i see it on ebay some?always wondered what it was like inside,do you have a cab from a titan or kenworth to compare it too?.i have seen some other IMAI kits,they have a kenworth cabover too?.Anyone else have one to show?. Harvey