Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Mustang Pro Modified (Updated 10/16/2013)

W-409

Thanx, Tyrone, Bill and Ted!

I managed to make little upgrades for the throttle body, and it looks much better now. I also started thinking about where I should install the turbos, first one is mocked up, I made a simple bracket for it which will stay there, but I will do some more metal tubings and make it look more realistic than it looks now. Now it's just installed for mock ups and it's possible to make all of the turbo pipins etc.

Few pics:

PA020087-vi.jpg

PA020090-vi.jpg

PA020091-vi.jpg

Actually I haven't seen them, but needs to check them out. I'll go with scratchbuilt turbos on this one anyway, because the shipping for those turbos would be too expensive for this point.

I started scratchbuilding the intercooler. It's not finished yet, but the basic shape is there. It's built from different kind of sheet styrenes. But as I said, it's not done yet, tomorrow I'm planning to get it done and mocked up. I don't know what modifications need to be done, I'm planning to install it to the interior, as in one Finnish Super Pro Street Drag Car.

I also fabricated a Flip Nose. This is not finished either, but getting there. I have to do little fine tuning so I can get the front end fit into body shapes better. But for now, it's functional and removable, too.

Here are some pics, thanks for lookin'.

PA030094-vi.jpg

PA030096-vi.jpg

PA030099-vi.jpg

PA030103-vi.jpg

PA030106-vi.jpg

Thanks, Matti, Tyrone and Rob!

This thing is now in a "hold" for a while, since I've decided to go with TDR Turbos instead of scratchbuilt ones. So now I can't do much things with this, a little chassis work could be done, especially with the rear suspension. But the engine is not getting further for a while.

Just in case anyone is thinking, is this build forgotten, no it's not. :D

Thanks Romell, Dominik, Eric and Corey! :)

Dominik: Well, it will be kind of Sleeper look, since the hood will be equipped with just very low Cowl Induction Scoop and body will be in original shape, no cutting or making it more aerodynamic for this one, I think. I'm not sure about the paint scheme yet, but maybe original White with Blue stripes or something, let's see.

Corey: I must try to get that front end fitting little better as it is now. I have few ideas what I'm going to try, but I really don't know if they work or not. You did great job on your Dart, the flip nose looks very good in that one. B)

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Thanks Jeremy.

Well this has been collecting dust for a long time. Today, new Turbochargers by TDR Innovations arrived from Teds Modeling Marketplace. Great service and fast shipping even across the ocean. I highly recommend this place. On the same order I bought some other goodies as well, as seen in the picture. Mainly Pro Tech stuff, that can't be bought here. There would have been lots of more Must Have stuff, but didn't have money for everything. Also my dad ordered some goodies, but he will post more about them when he gets that Super Stocker into progress..

DSCN7765.jpg

The parts look very good and Ted's service was excellent. Thank You for the order.

So all this means that the Mustang will be back on the bench! Some modifications will follow too. I'm not going to keep the body original, as originally planned. It will be "Full Pro Mod" with correct wheelbases etc. Just needs to figure out what should I do to get it right.

Thanks Guys! Yeah I will try to add as much details as I can for this one, since real ProMods have tons of wires. :blink:

Here are a couple of pictures of those TDR Turbochargers. They sure are great quality. If anyone has a Turbo car that he/she is building, I highly recommend these parts. The pictures don't do a justice for them, but I can tell you that they are really nice.

DSCN8298.jpg

DSCN8303.jpg