Model Cars Magazine Forum

coupster

plumnuts

hope you guys like this one. going for the modern hot rod look, watching your builds has inspired me to try some new things , going to open the trunk and maybe the doors and wire the motor, been looking at how alot of hinges are done so hope it wont kick me too hard. enjoy the build I know I will. :D

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

Edited by plumnuts

man if I would of known how much of a pain wireing a motor was I would have never done it, :lol: but now that it is done I will defintely do more ,I'll just invest in the drill bits instead of heating a wire for the next one. I think it came out pritty good myself. I'v been looking for a home for this motor for a while. :lol:

IMG_0360.jpg

It's well werth adding some wire to the build, I've been doing it, and I like the results, like you're build too, think it will be hot good job man.....

thanks dude and the results are well worth it and the rest from here out will be wired. sure glad i did. the trunk was a pain to ,dont know if it was worth it yet, but I will say that the kit itself dosen't fit very well which is disapointing from a revell kit. B) ,but onward we go.

thanks dude and the results are well worth it and the rest from here out will be wired. sure glad i did. the trunk was a pain to ,dont know if it was worth it yet, but I will say that the kit itself dosen't fit very well which is disapointing from a revell kit. :rolleyes: ,but onward we go.

Yeah since I started wireing I cant help myself, cept for the Dually Deora all my builds will be wire'd somewhat, heck I've pull'd motor's out of kit's that I started just to wire them. ;)

You know I'm gonna watch this one. <_<

keep up the good work...

Edited by unforgiven

hope you guys like this one. going for the modern hot rod look, watching your builds has inspired me to try some new things , going to open the trunk and maybe the doors and wire the motor, been looking at how alot of hinges are done so hope it wont kick me too hard. enjoy the build I know I will. :blink:

IMG_0358.jpg

Great start...IMHO drop the rear roof a smidge and it will really lower the whole car!!

Great start...IMHO drop the rear roof a smidge and it will really lower the whole car!!

hay mike I'v been stairing at that myself. it dosen't look so high untill you see the picture, I will definatly take out a little but I dont want to get into the back glass. (the top will be painted to match ,but will be removable) so fit is critical. thanks for the input and please give more, somtimes I just dont see the whole picture, you knoe how it is. :P

• 2 weeks later...

man mock up has been a real deal on this kit. IT DON'T FIT RIGHT! :lol:

I have pulled off the things I wanted to try, the trunk opens(thank god) even got frogy and tilted the front.

and you already have heard about the motor. I'v had to walk away a few times so i didn't have wall kill, but I'm having a blast on this thing. anyway here are some pictures.

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

;):blink::P:lol:;)

That tilt, man is out of the box :) , sweet, told you I would be watching this build, and didnt expect that tilt, awsome job so far.

Yeah I know how you feel when it's hit the wall part's box, or walk away I've felt that way a few time's on my Dually Deora build, and on the Grocery Getter, yeah really only a few time's, Its better to walk away, set it aside and work on another build, like this paint issue I'm haveing with the Grocery Getter, I'll look at it for a few days and then it will come to me.

So go ahead take you're time, walk away from it if you have too, there's no one saying when its got to be done, and you dont want to burn out on it, cuz then it might end up back in the box....

That tilt, man is out of the box :lol: , sweet, told you I would be watching this build, and didnt expect that tilt, awsome job so far.

Yeah I know how you feel when it's hit the wall part's box, or walk away I've felt that way a few time's on my Dually Deora build, and on the Grocery Getter, yeah really only a few time's, Its better to walk away, set it aside and work on another build, like this paint issue I'm haveing with the Grocery Getter, I'll look at it for a few days and then it will come to me.

So go ahead take you're time, walk away from it if you have too, there's no one saying when its got to be done, and you dont want to burn out on it, cuz then it might end up back in the box....

thanks dude. glad you like. noticed your in AZ. what town? anyway glad you like and hope I can throw a few more curve balls before its done.

slow and steady on this one.

got a rolling chasis on this thing and she actually fit with the radiator and flip nose. :)

going to wait for the weather to warm up and try to get some color on the body and top.

body work is almost there. :lol:

IMG_0543.jpg

thanks for looking and input is always welcome.(sometimes I don't what I'm looking at if you know what I mean.)

MAN this thing is screaming clean!!!! awesome Plum, just awsome....

thanks dude. trying to stay away from the (I want to see it done) rush to finish.

got another curve ball for you at the back of the car ,but don't want to show it just yet.(another first for me)

off the subject

. I'M DIGGIN THE NEW SIGNATURE.

thanks dude. trying to stay away from the (I want to see it done) rush to finish.

got another curve ball for you at the back of the car ,but don't want to show it just yet.(another first for me)

off the subject

. I'M DIGGIN THE NEW SIGNATURE.

I'm just trying to keep it fresh, I'll change'em again at the turn of the month,

I'm really like'n this build man you are doing an awesome job, not that I'm a pro or anything, I just think you are...

hay mike I'v been stairing at that myself. it dosen't look so high untill you see the picture, I will definatly take out a little but I dont want to get into the back glass. (the top will be painted to match ,but will be removable) so fit is critical. thanks for the input and please give more, somtimes I just dont see the whole picture, you knoe how it is. ;)

Oh don't I know.....

rather than CUT the top, lower the lip so the top can drop down a smidge and keep the dual windows, you may need some mud or sheet styrene but shouldn't be too tricky....LOVE the front flip on the grill.This caught my eye as i'm working on a '37 3 window Phantom

heres a peek.........IMG_0883.jpg

Oh don't I know.....

rather than CUT the top, lower the lip so the top can drop down a smidge and keep the dual windows, you may need some mud or sheet styrene but shouldn't be too tricky....LOVE the front flip on the grill.This caught my eye as i'm working on a '37 3 window Phantom

heres a peek.........IMG_0883.jpg

hay mike, that pic looks good ,but dosen't seem to have the bubble factor to it, would adding to the lip make the top look to thick?