Model Cars Magazine Forum

TEM '53 Vette and '68 Camaro

ScrappyJ

Thanks for looking and the kind words gents!

Clay- I just hope I don't get burned out.

Tyrone- The tires are huge pegassus tires. They're a little big because they are their funny car tires, but I like them for the PMs too. If you're interested, I can see if I can figure out what the item number is on the pegassus website.

Thanks again, Rick and Mike!

Jim- What can I say, those wheels are just bad and I'm sure will definitely be the centerpiece of the cars!

Thanks Dirk... I thought that may have been what you were using... I like the big shoes on the back too...lol... that's what I'm using on my stang too... I keep looking at those wheels and I'm gonna have to break down and get some... I'm loving these builds you got going... I hope you dont burn yourself out on these... I'm enjoying the updates....

• 2 weeks later...

This is what happens when you use an open-flame for soldering and leave plastic parts on the chassis you're soldering:

35414885815869-vi.jpg

35414885815261-vi.jpg

Rather than bashing a kit just for the seat, I thought I would try repairing the melted/deformed portion of the seat. The first order of business was to cut out the melted portion:

34415047994395-vi.jpg

After a little plastic, CA and TNX7R:

52414885892362-vi.jpg

26414885866223-vi.jpg

09414885849224-vi.jpg

Edited by ScrappyJ