Model Cars Magazine Forum

Went to a local cruise tonight in the Whitestone area of Queens and spotted this:

002648960-vi.jpg

47252353488-vi.jpg

11253261568-vi.jpg

27253285136-vi.jpg

12 bolt rear w/leaf springs and ladder bars. Straight axle cross-steer. Single 4bbl. tunnel rammed big block Chevy. Automatic w/bucket seat interior.

By far one of the neatest cars I've seen this year. Too bad we never found the owner of heard it run....

Edited by FASTBACK340

About 9 yrs. ago I had an original `65 Dart 2 dr. post. It had 54K original miles, white w/red interior, 6 cyl. & automatic. Perfect,straight, & clean. I sold it as I was starting the Barracuda project and didn't want to feed 2 projects and get nothing done.

After seeing this Tempest tonight I wish I still had that Dart.... th_drool.gif

Did you notice the tailights were of a different styleing that the 63 Tempest Funny car? When I alterd mine back to stock, I didn't know there were two different taillight treatments, depending on model. THEN I saw THIS particular styled rearend in CC/HR magazine, an decided to do IT. Thanks to ALL the guys who helped me find the second kit!

I love the early '60s Tempests, as the nose design is pure Pontiac. :wub:

Something about a single carb'ed tunnel ram just doesn't work for me, though. It's probably more streetable than dual quads, but most people don't choose tunnel rams because they work well on the street.