Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monaro pro street...Its Finished

1 bad55 stan

Having grown up around these, in stock form and wild form, I will be watching this build very closely.

With all that bar work and tubbed rear end, I would look brilliant with a 14/71 hanging out of that hood.

Great start on it too.

Thanks Dale,i love these old Holdens,i like your thinkin mate.We got to stick together on this one.NZ v AUS.!!!v USA!haha...

Edited by 1 bad55 stan

Beautiful work Stan! How about a duel carb setup sticking slightly out of the hood. Not to obvious like a blower but still says Pro Street.

Mike.

Good idea Mike,i was going to try a twin turbo set up but i dont think there is enough room,so i think a blower or tunnel-ram might be the way i will go.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for your comments guys..I decided on using a blower for this,i have some Turbos but i'll use them on a latter build.Any way i have the frame and cage painted in a gunmetal,im going with weld wheels and maybe red walls on the front.

DbhQ4L.jpg
8t48JL.jpg

rtZLry.jpg

jMnSza.jpg

Comments are welcome...

Looking killer Stan, good to see you building again...

Thanks Carl,we are heading towards winter so i'll be indoors more.

I'm liking this build. I have checked out the parts box kits but will wait til I have more experience handling resin.

Thanks Stray,The resin kits do take alot of work to look good.

It's great to see that you're back on the bench again, Stan! This is an interesting project and it's always nice to see something different being built. I've watched these resin kits on Parts Box's webpage, but never ordered them. Maybe some day I will. Keep this coming.

This looks very nice, really dig that body style...I build the old 50's-60's-70's junk so I am totally in awe you guys that build the modern stuff...MUCH more difficult, or so it appears to me.

GMH built these from around 1971-74,so it aint that modern,thanks for your comment though.i love 50 60 and 70s cars...