Model Cars Magazine Forum

Veney's Vega

brett

While not quite right for either the BB/ big block chev Flopper or the later model (77 I think) AA/ vega, I'm using what I have. Scored some old (unknown) Veney's vega decals and am using an old Revell Schumaker (sp) 73/4 vega kit. Colour is a custom Du Pont red

oct011129.jpg

oct011130.jpg

Dont plan on any additional detailing at this stage

veneysvega.jpg

What you are working with looks good. The only way to build this car accurate would be to use the late 70's Vega resin body from Comp. Resins but what you have will be fine, especially considering the body made available in the original kit wasn't accurate either.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice progress on the chassis Brent! I have always liked the Vega for the fact that they are small and you can do a lot with them on a budget. I am more of the fan of 70-71 split bumper's. And of course my all time favorite full bumper Vega right now is the Woolly Mammoth (76 Vega wagon) from "Pinks All Out".

• 2 weeks later...

well tomorrow took a long time coming but I have some progress

DSCF8018.jpg

DSCF8017.jpg

DSCF8020.jpg

ride height

DSCF8034.jpg

DSCF8035.jpg

had to grind away some of the tin work a little to get it to sit down but that wont take to much to tidy up, bit of a wet sand and polish, glue the wheels together fit the screen and chute and she'll be done and on to the next victim