Model Cars Magazine Forum

pete 379 outlaw trucking style

Nice job on the engine and would be well suited

If you got some "spare" cabs laying around, there is a neat youtube out by a young kid that uses thread as a saw to cut out doors on plastic kits. I am yet to try it but is sure seems to work well and plan too try it on my next venture. I'm having trouble getting links to attach but if dig around and you can find it.

I really doubt there is any problem with the purple power regardless of temp unless down to like zero degrees F.. I would suspect the bucket or maybe some residue in it. Try a cheap foil pan.

Good luck.

Nice job on the engine and would be well suited

If you got some "spare" cabs laying around, there is a neat youtube out by a young kid that uses thread as a saw to cut out doors on plastic kits. I am yet to try it but is sure seems to work well and plan too try it on my next venture. I'm having trouble getting links to attach but if dig around and you can find it.

I really doubt there is any problem with the purple power regardless of temp unless down to like zero degrees F.. I would suspect the bucket or maybe some residue in it. Try a cheap foil pan.

Good luck.

thanks for the tips...may try the thread trick.....i melted the purple power last night...the temp drops probably ruined it...the top stripped...rest didnt do too well...it will get dunked in another round of stripper tho...i wish you and lugnut some luck with the big general

That motor is 1/25, the italeri trucks are 1/24. Im sending you a 60 series detroit for it with the box of parts.

ok...didnt really think about the scale differences....thanks again

• 1 month later...

As to the purple power, you have to keep it covered tightly or it will jell up. I have two car bodies in the purple pond right now that has been in there for over a month, now. I forgot all about it until a couple of days ago. Bodies are completely stripped and the purple power is still a liquid.