Model Cars Magazine Forum

1973-1979 ford crewcab

Every truck in that amt F350 series shares 80-90% of it's parts with every other one, the main exceptions being the chrome trees and various accessories. The exclusive tuff truk parts were only dually fenders, grill, spoiler, back window louver and some 4-slot mags (probably from one of the old gasser kits) like the gmc and victoria kits had. I believe it was based on the '76.

77tfftrk_zpse13088c9.jpg

mike

Edited by mk11

I heard the tuff truck was supposed to be a 71 thats why i was wondering...to bad they're rare and expensive kits

I have lost highest bid like 200 times on that dang tuff truck i want even just a parts kit just to get the m "dually" flare fender extentions!!! someone really needs to cast a set of those i'd buy a six pack for sure!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

That looks pretty clean - aside from the aforementioned windshield error. Maybe it's a genetic flaw in those models.. :wacko: But the cab looks nice otherwise. Now someone needs to do a Supercab based on that body style...

I believe the crew cabs had roof skin ribs too...?  Yes the Ford tough Truck dualie kits rear fender extensions will fit any of the AMT 73 through 79 year ones with the wide bed...I have both and they fit each other very well.  I like the crew cab Ford idea I have a resin crew cab someone did years back..not 100% correct but think with some work it will be doable.

Edited by disabled modeler

• 2 months later...

I have lost highest bid like 200 times on that dang tuff truck i want even just a parts kit just to get the m "dually" flare fender extentions!!! someone really needs to cast a set of those i'd buy a six pack for sure!!

I have the Tuff Truck kit.  If you are interested in the fender flares or any other "Custom" parts from it please let me know.